LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
The better team by what single unit of measure? Good grief the delusion. In a close game where mistakes are made, sure, maybe the better team loses. The failure here was wholesale. If that game is played ten more times the outcome would not have been any different. They didn't have any answers on either side of the ball.

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
After this corney comment he made to the media, would it have been wrong for them to ask a follow up question concerning his comments? Such as, "Do you really believe what you are saying?" or "You did look at the scoreboard as you left the field didn't you?" or "Your team was just shut out by a team that was obviously better than yours don't you think you should learn to be humble instead of a sore loser?" Why didn't someone ask him? Finebaum would have jumped at an opportunity to ask a follow up question to this delusional way of thinking.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Are we sure that he wasn't referencing to the pre-game warmups? They may have looked pretty decent before KO. Then it went downhill from there. After KO, it should have been obvious who was the better team. Certainly, it had to be absolutely obvious after the game was over.

ROLL TIDE!

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
BETTER, get DICTIONARY corndog, you scored 0 and gave up 29 at home at night. If that is better, I would love to see worse LOL

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
He probably meant they were the better team than any other team that has gotten their arse handed to them on a platter by Bama.
I think you nailed it here. They only gave up 29, which the lowest total we have scored all year, so yes, you are the best of the beaten. But that 29 felt like 49. And, as was quoted earlier, "we held them 3 touchdowns under their average, but still lost by 4 touchdowns".

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
After this corney comment he made to the media, would it have been wrong for them to ask a follow up question concerning his comments? Such as, "Do you really believe what you are saying?" or "You did look at the scoreboard as you left the field didn't you?" or "Your team was just shut out by a team that was obviously better than yours don't you think you should learn to be humble instead of a sore loser?" Why didn't someone ask him? Finebaum would have jumped at an opportunity to ask a follow up question to this delusional way of thinking.
Say what you want about Finebaum, but he is respectful to those he is interviewing. Asking humiliating questions is the purview of people like Clay Travis.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'd like to think that after thinking things over he might realize how ridiculous he sounded...

But I wouldn't bet on it.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
He mentions 6 or 7 plays making the difference but I think if a person looks at any college football game there may be only 6 or 7 plays that decide the game. In many cases there may be even fewer than 6 or 7. The point is the better team is able to execute those 6 or 7 plays while denying them to the opponent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.