Bama is making the CFP irrelevant this season.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Never been a huge NFL guy, but I don't recall so many Dallas haters until Aikman and Smith came along. Then..Jerry Jones or one of his marketing folks created the "America's Team" nickname. Then....there was Dallas..and everybody else. Seems like folks are indifferent now. Still hating Dallas but knowing their not the same as the yearly Playoff days. So you make a point I think about why fans love or hate. Bama is a little different I think. People that hate us the most seem to be in the SEC. I just wish fans could be as decent and fairminded as most of the players are towards other school's players. Look at them congratulating each other and giving their best regards after a hardfought match like Saturday night. Ever see fans line up and do that?? Eh! Apples and Oranges I know.
Believe me, my Friend, when I tell you that, growing up as a Redskins fan in the D.C. area, that the Cowboys were hated a long time before Aikman. George Allen, the Redskins Coach for many years, was known for not saying the name "Dallas Cowboys" without adding an expletive to the front of it. Those were the years leading up to the moniker of "America's Team" (which made me want to puke). And I would have to believe, that under Tom Landry (Who was a great Coach and Gentleman) and Roger Staubach's and Randy White's time, caused a large part of the Nation to not be too fond of the Cowboys.

TideNL'ville

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2005
Wake Forest, NC
www.whijen.com
Unless we slip up or Tua gets injured, the intrigue is indeed gone. The old BCS system would be enough.

Those who are pushing an 8-team playoff are just hoping for entertainment and an extension of the season.
Imagine if it were 8 teams this year. Just a thought experiment ... there might have been a thought to throwing the LSU game. Possibly wouldn't have to play UGA, just beat MSU and AU. BAMA is in as 4,5, or 6 seed anyway without the extra wear and tear of the SEC championship game. They, of course, wouldn't have done it, but the thought would have been there. It would have been talked about by the media for sure. 8 teams would have had the chance to make this past weekend irrelevant - our 9th game of a 12 game season, mind you.

PhiSlammaBama

Suspended
Nov 6, 2018
Cullman
The LSU QB is terrible. They beat UGA based on turnovers, so I don't think LSU is really that good. We still have yet to be tested. Will not be until UGA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.