Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
After, though I believe voters can still send in their votes before then.
Yea I thinks that's right. Idk if it's still the case but pretty sure it used to be that most(or at least a large portion of) voters voted before Championship Game weekend.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
I wish the award was tomorrow. Not sure why I'm so nervous. I covet a Heisman-winning QB and it seems like Tua is a shoe-in. I'm worried that it's too good to be true and that the football gods are gonna take it away lol.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I wish the award was tomorrow. Not sure why I'm so nervous. I covet a Heisman-winning QB and it seems like Tua is a shoe-in. I'm worried that it's too good to be true and that the football gods are gonna take it away lol.
I think he'll win it. And he will be the front-runner next year too

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Just my opinion, but for Tua to clinch the Heisman I think Alabama has to go undefeated in the regular season with Tua performing similar to his LSU game against MSU and Auburn. If Alabama loses a regular season game, he will need a big game against UGA in the SECCG to win Heisman.

I don't buy that it is over for the Heisman because consciously and/or subconsciously people will always be looking for an alternative to giving it to a player excelling within a dynastic program. If Kyler Murray continues to put up Big-12 numbers and Alabama slips up I will almost guarantee a narrative shift towards Murray's pure stats. Think something similar to how Trent Richardson went from a slight favorite heading into November to a dog against eventual winner Robert Griffin III because of the LSU loss (where TR performed well), the sour taste from Alabama making the BCSCG despite that loss, and a late November big game by Griffin against OU that was ultimately kind of meaningless.

People are fooling themselves if they think Tua has this clinched.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Statistically Tua had his worst outing of the season today. Yes, we all know who it was against. How do you think it impacts the heisman race, especially with Will Grier tearing it up today? I see the race tightening dramatically.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Statistically Tua had his worst outing of the season today. Yes, we all know who it was against. How do you think it impacts the heisman race, especially with Will Grier tearing it up today? I see the race tightening dramatically.
Honestly, I stopped caring when I saw him hobble off the field. I just want him healthy enough to help you guys win out.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Kyle Murray seemed to have a decent day as well. This game for Tua didn't help and he will probably not play next weekend. He probably now needs Heisman worthy performances against Auburn and UGA.

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
The INT hurts him a bit, but nobody has really been that impressive against MSU this year. I think people take that defense very seriously.

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
Kyler Murray is the best quarterback to ever play for the Sooners. His arm is equal to Sam Bradford, the best passer in Sooner history, and I go back 60 years. The Heisman is Tua's to win.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.