The "Famed" 2010 Florida recruiting class

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I was looking at the players from that class and none of them ever went on and did squat in the NFL. That was the most overrated recruiting class ever.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
20 of the 28 players from that class signed contracts with NFL teams, so it wasn't a total flop.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
With the turmoil that class endured in Gainesville, is anyone surprised it didn’t live up to the hype?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
I was looking at the players from that class and none of them ever went on and did squat in the NFL. That was the most overrated recruiting class ever.
Not trying to start a fight....but just asking:
We are six days away from possibly signing our highest rated class ever.
So, why should we care about this?
Don't worry... I've got my body armor on...hit me.....

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Not trying to start a fight....but just asking:
We are six days away from possibly signing our highest rated class ever.
So, why should we care about this?
Don't worry... I've got my body armor on...hit me.....
Just a topic to talk about when we are not playing football. Just some filling until the bowls.:smile:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
True. But how many went on to really contribute much in the NFL besides being journeymen?
Not many, but how many NFL players really make that kind of difference? From a given class, maybe a few - even from the best classes.

I get what you are saying - they never became household names. But that doesn't mean that the class was over-rated. 20 were NFL caliber, so they were great players. IMO, their horrible circumstances at FL put them in a horrible position. If that team had a stable coaching staff, they could easily have won a national championship and become household names. But they were no so fortunate, and once you get to the NFL, all bets are off.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.