SEC Coaches All-Freshmen team (Bama places four players)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Kelly being on the team is surprising. Obviously, it shows the coaches respect his work in the mop-up duty.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Yes, I figured there probably weren't meany centers starting this year as freshman; conversely, Geno might not have made it because there were many more Freshmen DBs who played in more games or started regularly.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Yep; Geno was getting quality minutes, but the skill positions have many more freshmen competing at those spots. Congrats to our guys!! Having so many upper classmen on the regular list and then these guys on the freshmen list show we have talent all around!!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I thought Kelly looked good with the second-teamers, but I figured at least one SEC school started a freshman at center.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
It would be kinda cool for someone like UnderArmor or Nike to put together a couple of "all conference" freshman games post season. No doubt the SEC would mop up...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Pettway doesn't play as much as #8, right?
Rolltide.com credits him with 5 games on the year. We've seen throughout the season that the site hasn't been the most reliable, though.

EDIT: Going with the site being wrong because it says he didn't have a tackle against Mizzou. We know that's not true.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Congrats to the freshmen. Like someone previous, surprised Devall didn't get a nod with the stats he brought in but couldn't tell you who I would take off the LB core. Collins would've been on the freshmen special teams if they had a big play maker or anything to that ability with how well he did on special teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.