UT's Fulmer not all bad....

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
I predict this will be one of the most clicked-on threads. There will be many who will click on it ready to blast you. I know I was. :blush:

moorav

Banned
Dec 6, 2006
explain this: You applaud Saban for being totally focused on the FB team no PR or anything remotely friendly just win & you like him

yet you praise Richt and Fulmer for doing work which has nothing to with winning FB games except show them in a positive light which could help them in the PR area. I know these two are 100% sincere in their good work, though

So would you prefer Saban have a human side like those two or keep tuning everything out & just do what he was hired to do.

Do you think a major college football coach has some responsiblities that go deeper than winning games

Wouldn't you be proud to have a coach that does these sort of things..?

Not intended as a Saban dig, I am only asking if winning is all that really matters

BTW: If Saban did something like that the media would probably twist it and wind up trashing him for it or something

Last edited:

bmcklv

All-American
Nov 27, 2006
Huntsville, Alabama
explain this: You applaud Saban for being totally focused on the FB team no PR or anything remotely friendly just win & you like him

yet you praise Richt and Fulmer for doing work which has nothing to with winning FB games except show them in a positive light which could help them in the PR area. I know these two are 100% sincere in their good work, though

So would you prefer Saban have a human side like those two or keep tuning everything out & just do what he was hired to do.

Do you think a major college football coach has some responsiblities that go deeper than winning games

Not intended as a Saban dig, I am only asking if winning is all that really matters
I think we don't know Saban well enough to judge him. He came out quickly during the Enterprise tornados, as I'm sure he has done in other crisis situations; and I have a feeling that he doesn't treat worthy causes like he does the media. Just because the media calls him heartless doesn't make it so.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

BTW: If Saban did something like that the media would probably twist it and wind up trashing him for it or something
Nick and Terry have already started a scholarship fund at Alabama, that's just one of the first things that came to my mind I'm sure there are others given time to think about it.

As for Fullmer, I don't care if he saved 100 puppies from drowning until he does something for Alabama or admits he did wrong I hope he rots in hell.

Last edited:

moorav

Banned
Dec 6, 2006
I agree was only asking if we would prefer a coach that does those kind of things.

I am 100% ceritian Saban would do the same as Fulmer has done - not so sure he would do the same as Mark R but I think that Saban would step up if called on in that situation.

I am naive and think that most 'prominent' people will help in those situations.

just really messsin with the folks that say the only thing that matters to them is Saban winning games. Saban is not the devil that he has be portrayed as being.

Nope I applaud Fulmer for his efforts to help but hope he loses every single game.

Last edited:

bama_at_uab

1st Team
Mar 6, 2006
Birmingham
A lot of this Saban is evil and never does anything for anyone but himself mumbo jumbo is really blown out of proportion. So he doesn't like to spend his free weekends speaking to the red elephants club and he doesn't provide and endless supply of assistant coaches and players for media outlets to misquote. Does that really make him such a bad person?

bama_at_uab

1st Team
Mar 6, 2006
Birmingham
Most of the complaints I've seen about coach Saban aren't that he's some evil person but rather that 1. He lied to the media about his future with the dolphins, and 2. He doesn't provide much access to his program because he thinks it's important for everyone to stay on message. So, he's a bit of a control freak and he didn't want to spend entire press conferences at Miami addressing rumors and this makes him an evil person? It's almost as if the media has conned everyone into thinking that coach Saban is some horrible self-centered megalomaniac that only thinks of himself and would never stoop to helping others. I've never seen any evidence to suggest anything of the sort. Honestly, I'm not sure where everyone is getting that.

bat123

All-American
Nick and Terry have already started a scholarship fund at Alabama, that's just one of the first things that came to my mind I'm sure there are others given time to think about it.

As for Fullmer, I don't care if he saved 100 puppies from drowning until he does something for Alabama or admits he did wrong I hope he rots in hell.
You are really going to have to learn to open up a little, don't hold back.....:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Last edited:

moorav

Banned
Dec 6, 2006
I wanna ask this again: If Suprrier had said he was not going to Bama then accepted the job would the media have trashed him as bad as they have Saban

Another question: Do you think the constant badgering by the media both National & local will have effect on his desire to continue at Bama. I know we think it has no effect but he is only human and it has to get old after awhile.

Everything he does the national media is gonna be on him about it like Barnes leaving or speaking to HS players in Miami.

That would have to get old and irritating to even the toughest of men.

Maybe something else will pop up and they will find someone else to trash instead

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I wanna ask this again: If Suprrier had said he was not going to Bama then accepted the job would the media have trashed him as bad as they have Saban

Another question: Do you think the constant badgering by the media both National & local will have effect on his desire to continue at Bama. I know we think it has no effect but he is only human and it has to get old after awhile.

Everything he does the national media is gonna be on him about it like Barnes leaving or speaking to HS players in Miami.

That would have to get old and irritating to even the toughest of men.

Maybe something else will pop up and they will find someone else to trash instead
Let me clue you in on something in case you have been asleep like Rumpelstiltskin, the media has been unkind to Alabama since Gene Stalling's last year. Whoever is at Alabama has to have skin thick as an elephant.

moorav

Banned
Dec 6, 2006
I don't recall it ever being this extreme, though.

I perosnally don't think they would have trashed Spurrier - he is a media sweetheart

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
I am sure there are those who share this feeling. I for one am not one of them. Whatever happened in the past between Fulmer and Bama is over. I find it refreshing that he is more than just a football coach. Sometimes we forget football is only a sport and we are only fans.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I am sure there are those who share this feeling. I for one am not one of them. Whatever happened in the past between Fulmer and Bama is over. I find it refreshing that he is more than just a football coach. Sometimes we forget football is only a sport and we are only fans.
I'm in rare form today, took two bad mood pills and washed them down with a glass of spoiled milk.

CapitalTider

All-American
Jun 8, 2004
Vienna, VA
I'm not sure how that would have any impact on Saban staying at Alabama. Even if he left and went somewhere else, I would guess that at least some of that would follow him wherever he went (unless it is all rooted in a resentment of Alabama, and I don't think that is the case). In fact, it would probably add even more fuel to the fire, giving the media another example to point to. The only way Saban might avoid that is to take early retirement and live at his house in Georgia. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to do that to me, just doesn't seem to be that kind of personality. It wouldn't surprise me for him to be Bowden or Paterno, hopefully at Alabama; 80 years old and the fans wondering when the old fart will retire.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.