Trevor Lawrence had flaws

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
He's really good but yea he misses high on some throws. Definitely not as accurate as Tua. But he throws a beautiful deep ball, has a cannon and has freakish WRs that can make some incredible grabs

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
Sunshine and Tua both have flaws, but both very good. But I take Tua and the Tide.If we put pressure on the scoreboard by finishing some drives, and get some pressure up front I don't think he picks us apart

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
He is very good and may end up being great, but I didn’t walk away with the feeling of “OMG we can’t beat this guy for 2 more years!” After rewatching the game, we were just off for some reason, and they were on fire. I truly think the team felt like a lot of fans in that after beating UGA and OU they were on the downhill slope. The few times we got pressure, Lawrence was very inaccurate.

In fact, he is no where on Tua’s level of accuracy.
I was more impressed with what Watson did in both the championshp games.

Looked like Lawrence had only limited pass routes he was completing over and over again

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Justyn Ross made him look good. His accuracy was not good. But we failed to bring the pressure to force turnovers. Our DB's struggled to cover their receivers. Ross made circus catch after circus catch. It was extremely frustrating watching them complete 3rd and 15 over and over again. ROLL TIDE

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Justyn Ross made him look good. His accuracy was not good. But we failed to bring the pressure to force turnovers. Our DB's struggled to cover their receivers. Ross made circus catch after circus catch. It was extremely frustrating watching them complete 3rd and 15 over and over again. ROLL TIDE
His accuracy was inconsistent. But he made some really nice throws. Kid is good and only going to get better.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I agree. I don't think Trevor Lawrence will ever get pressured next year unless it's in the playoffs. Hope BAMA's defense improves next year. I love our receivers and would not trade them for anyone, but it would be nice to recruit some big, tall, physical receivers to add to the group.

Bama has rarely had that type and has also had issues defending those guys over the years. Is there another Julio out there we can get next year? I thought Tyrell Shavers was big, but he did not get much play time.

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
I agree. I don't think Trevor Lawrence will ever get pressured next year unless it's in the playoffs. Hope BAMA's defense improves next year. I love our receivers and would not trade them for anyone, but it would be nice to recruit some big, tall, physical receivers to add to the group.

Bama has rarely had that type and has also had issues defending those guys over the years. Is there another Julio out there we can get next year? I thought Tyrell Shavers was big, but he did not get much play time.
I cant remember any receiver after DJHall who would climb and pluck the ball in air.
Even Julio developed those skills in Pro.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Speaking of Justyn Ross, I'm sure he's a great kid and all. But the smirk he kept having on his face every time the camera showed him after a big catch. Synced up with Herbstreit saying he "dissed" Alabama for Clemson. Made me sick. I want us to have a shot at him next season so our CB's can shut him down.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
one thing he has that makes him a great pro prospect is that height. where that ball is coming out allows him to make some impressive throws a shorter QB wouldnt be able to make..doesnt have great accuracy but it's still good. I came away more impressed than going in

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
His accuracy was inconsistent. But he made some really nice throws. Kid is good and only going to get better.
Let's remember just a year ago after Tua unplugged the jukebox and shot the lights out in Georgia. Everyone thought his trajectory of progression was nothing but up. There's still a lot of smart defensive minds out there who watch film and have egos the size of Texas. They will find weaknesses and someone will exploit them. Tua is a great example. The kid looked unstoppable then all of a sudden his success was getting harder and harder to come by. Lawrence is going to be a great college quarterback. But he will have dips and moments of regression (just as Tua did in 2018). No one has ever mastered the game. I don't expect Lawrence to be the first.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Speaking of Justyn Ross, I'm sure he's a great kid and all. But the smirk he kept having on his face every time the camera showed him after a big catch. Synced up with Herbstreit saying he "dissed" Alabama for Clemson. Made me sick. I want us to have a shot at him next season so our CB's can shut him down.
Fortunately I never heard any of that. I watched the first half at my parents, and then listened to the 3rd quarter on the radio while driving home. I did not watch much of the 4th. Herbstriet has just lost something over the years, especially after he started doing color analysis.

I don't follow recruiting enough to know anything about why Ross went to Clemson, but I would assume it was simply because he liked it better there. That's not so offensive, is it? So why the need to pile on and say he dissed Alabama? It's just juvenile.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'll be honest - I don't know how good he is. I know that he can make great passes when he has time, but most QBs can. I know that hie QB rating this year was top 15 but top 15 barely gets drafted. Here's what I don't know - how well does he play when he is being pressured? Alabama did not pressure him in this game. Your pass rush was a joke and it still ...... me off to think about it. He had 5 yards of green grass around him when he threw on 3rd down.

He might be great. He certainly looked great on Monday. But you guys looked like the Sooners on 3rd down defense on Monday.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I'll be honest - I don't know how good he is. I know that he can make great passes when he has time, but most QBs can. I know that hie QB rating this year was top 15 but top 15 barely gets drafted. Here's what I don't know - how well does he play when he is being pressured? Alabama did not pressure him in this game. Your pass rush was a joke and it still ...... me off to think about it. He had 5 yards of green grass around him when he threw on 3rd down.

He might be great. He certainly looked great on Monday. But you guys looked like the Sooners on 3rd down defense on Monday.
I wish I could get mad at this statement. But I can't, because it's true. Sickening to look back and see how sloppy we played, unprepared we looked and just to think Alabama got "Alabama'd" by an ACC team. Shameful.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't think anyone is claiming he is Petyon Manning already. For example, Tua has better accuracy than Lawrence.

However, there is no denying Lawrences arm strength and accuracy on certain throws. IIRC (not watching the game again to find out) he was most accurate over the middle. He had one TD pass that was a thing a beauty to Tee Higgins I think. He is also pretty athletic for how big he is.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I don't think anyone is claiming he is Petyon Manning already. For example, Tua has better accuracy than Lawrence.

However, there is no denying Lawrences arm strength and accuracy on certain throws. IIRC (not watching the game again to find out) he was most accurate over the middle. He had one TD pass that was a thing a beauty to Tee Higgins I think. He is also pretty athletic for how big he is.
No doubt, he is an all around great athlete and will be a great quarterback. But, even good quarterbacks look unstoppable when throwing from a clean pocket and receivers running wide open from busted coverage. They also look great when their wr's make jaw dropping one hand catches on balls thrown completely behind them. We just chose the wrong night to roll out a clunker.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.