Charleston Classic Game 1: Alabama - Northeastern (1 pm CT)

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I don't know much about coaching basketball, but I'm really good about knowing bad basketball when I see it - and that was 40 minutes of really bad basketball by our side.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It's not that we lost to Northeastern - it's that we were never in the game. I have a lot more thoughts but will save them until a few more games have played out..

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
3-19 vs 9-17 in three pointers. 16% vs 53% The zone kills Alabama. Other teams have players who can catch and shoot. I hope not, but this could be another year of waiting for shooters to arrive with the next class.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It's not that we lost to Northeastern - it's that we were never in the game. I have a lot more thoughts but will save them until a few more games have played out..
Agreed.

While I don't want to lose to a team from the Colonial, I can understand losing to one that is very good and has experienced veterans. This game was just bad. It's the type performance that will leave a very bad taste in fans' mouths and is ammo to those that like hot seat talk.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don't even know what to say.

How can we (year after year) be so poor at basic fundamentals?

I like CAJ as far as his passion and enthusiasm goes and he was a phenomenal player.......but I'm not sure that he knows how to coach/teach a team.

Losses like this should not happen at this point.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I had assumed this game to be a win with two big challenges coming up in the next few days. What a disappointment.
For some reason I had let myself get hopeful of having only 1 or 2 losses before conference play.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I had assumed this game to be a win with two big challenges coming up in the next few days. What a disappointment.
For some reason I had let myself get hopeful of having only 1 or 2 losses before conference play.
Why, though?

The line for the game was 4. ESPN's win probability for Alabama was 68%.

Again, I'm not happy with the loss. Primarily because the way it happened. Why do some just assume Alabama is going to beat a team like Northeastern, though?

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
It seems like we are not developing players. If they have mad skills, we let them play but there isn’t a lot of development happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.