Question: Would a win on Monday be UA's biggest win ever?

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
Yes, it would be big...really big! I lived the Bryant era and I am here to tell you, Coach Bryant is beginning to look over his shoulder at the next great one at the Capstone.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
We lose tomorrow and the flack will also dwarf the flack from losing to LSU twice. 2x as many people will be watching this years game and probably 80 percent are pulling against us. Even if we lost to LSU, the SEC still won and most would have said no big deal because they had already beat us once

You are trying to compare a potential win to a loss that did not happen.[/QUOTE]
LOL. I believe you were the one making the comparison but whatever. RTR

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
With your history, I agree, but even then I find it hard the believe that you guys believe this one to be more important than last year's given the Tuscaloosa tornado devastation. Yeah, it is Notre Dame - but they are now just another team.
they are not just another team. i want to destroy them and send them to a 20 yr decline just like we did to miami.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I go back through all the Bear years and up to the present. Honestly, this just doesn't have that feel to it. I'm not saying we couldn't lose to ND but I just don't see them as formidable as previous national championships. Having said all that I think this Bama team has a lot to overcome....they have been here three of the last four years and complacency can set in. For this team to come out and take care of business may be a bigger feat than the previous championships. I've watched this year's ND team play several games and I just cannot ascribe the same "worry factor" to them as previous NC teams we have played. That may work in ND's favor (let's hope not). I'm not trying to poo poo ND or what they have achieved but I think Oregon or Texas A&M would give us much more trouble than ND will. From the standpoint of history it may have more significance than anything. I still sting from losses to ND in the past. If our young players could borrow my feelings for a while they would understand the significance better than they may now. All these things aside this Bama team has a chance to make history Monday night.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
they are not just another team. i want to destroy them and send them to a 20 yr decline just like we did to miami.
I get that, but they are only what you let them be. If you let them be your bogey man, they will be - forever - even if you beat them tomorrow.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Nice thread Pep. I don't think there is any such thing as "biggest win" at Alabama anymore. It would be a great win and another jewel in the crown of our most recent legendary coach. It would solidify the word "Dynasty" attached to our program. But Alabama has had so many great wins in our storied history that there is no way one could be any more significant than any other. At this point it is just another trophy in The Bryant Museum. :biga:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
1926 Rose Bowl changed college football forever - that was your biggest win.
With your history, I agree, but even then I find it hard the believe that you guys believe this one to be more important than last year's given the Tuscaloosa tornado devastation. Yeah, it is Notre Dame - but they are now just another team.
I get that, but they are only what you let them be. If you let them be your bogey man, they will be - forever - even if you beat them tomorrow.
You may as well start saying 'we' instead of 'you'. :biggrin:

And I wish some of our regular posters had your view of things.

RTR

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think that's already accomplished. It's really mostly us older guys that feel that way. They frustrated us multiple times and there are some of the factors quoted in the Forde article, although I don't agree with all of it...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I think this would be if not THE then one of the biggest wins for CNS.

I think the coaching job this year with the loss of REAL talent to the NFL & then later to injuries, is one of the best adjustments I have ever seen. Not a dig but this team is not as talented as the 2010 but has performed much better as a team. The offense is not just out there to not screw up but they score points. The DB's have taken flack all year but allow under 200 yes a game. To me it is by far his best coaching effort, with real buy in from the team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that's already accomplished. It's really mostly us older guys that feel that way. They frustrated us multiple times and there are some of the factors quoted in the Forde article, although I don't agree with all of it...
Yeah, my Dad talked to me about all of his frustrations with respect Notre Dame. I guess that is where my dislike for ND started, but it matured as an OSU fan. Believe it or not, most of the Midwest is pulling for Alabama tomorrow. Maybe not for Alabama exactly, but for a Notre Dame loss. The enemy of your enemy...

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
2009 was big because it was a signal that we were finally over the problems of the prior 10 years. But to me every year that you are competing for a National Championship is the most important because it is now. It helps to keep it going in the future. I think every MNC feels good but the latest one always feels the best.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.