News Article: Mueller Delivers Report on Russia Investigation to Attorney General

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
And now, we wait.

Mueller Delivers Report on Russia Investigation to Attorney General

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has delivered a report on his inquiry into Russian interference in the 2016 election to Attorney General William P. Barr, according to the Justice Department, bringing to a close an investigation that has consumed the nation and cast a shadow over President Trump for nearly two years.

Mr. Barr will decide how much of the report to share with Congress and, by extension, the American public. The House voted unanimously in March on a nonbinding resolution to make public the report’s findings, an indication of the deep support within both parties to air whatever evidence prosecutors uncovered.

In a letter to the leadership of the House and Senate Judiciary committees, Mr. Barr wrote, “I may be in a position to advise you of the special counsel’s principal conclusions as soon as this weekend.”

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: The policy and politics of Trumpism

Mueller Report has been turned over to AG Barr. After review Barr plans to hand over report to Congress possibly as soon as this weekend.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So the shoe is about to drop; baby booties or size 40 Doc Martens? We’ll know soon enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm guessing it will be a disappointment to the anti Trumpers (me included). Guessing that DJTJ wont be too happy about it though.
Waiting for SDNY.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm guessing it will be a disappointment to the anti Trumpers (me included). Guessing that DJTJ wont be too happy about it though.
Waiting for SDNY.
Ill stick with what Ive predicted all along... all the small fish fry, but the big fish breaks the line and all the momentum of 2020 swings heavily to the Republicans after this waste of time. Hoping I'm wrong, but Ive never been sold on this bringing down Trump.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i'm guessing the meltdown this week was in part because of this dropping today.
absolutely, it is why he has been hammering McCain all week. McCain "turned over stuff the FBI in a very evil way" (in quote but is is a basic paraphrase of what Trump has been saying all week) and to Trump like most wannabe mobsters from the 80's that is as bad as it gets

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
i'm discouraged about the lack of additional indictments but we will see how it plays out
He wasn’t going to indict Trump or his kids; there is evidence of conspiracy but all he’ll make in that regard is a recommendation.
Now, if he’s found obstruction by Trump, that will be an impeachable offense and that’s not his bailiwick.
So I’m not surprised there weren’t more indictments from Mueller, but this crap storm is far from over.
And Mueller is hanging around at the request of the AG. And bear in mind, if there is criminal activity requiring charges, state charges would be preferable where applicable.
So get your popcorn and beverage of choice and enjoy the show.
It might be a dud or a masterpiece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
absolutely, it is why he has been hammering McCain all week. McCain "turned over stuff the FBI in a very evil way" (in quote but is is a basic paraphrase of what Trump has been saying all week) and to Trump like most wannabe mobsters from the 80's that is as bad as it gets
Or it could just be Trump being Trump. I think the fact that Trump was never interviewed by Mueller's team, and Barr is talking about releasing this very fast shouldn't give folks warm and fuzzies for an impeachment process to begin anytime soon. I really see this being like the "Wells Report" in that "We have more than an educated guess of what went on, but we don't have hard evidence". I think Pelosi wont lead a charge for impeachment with anything less than direct evidence pointing to Trump's hands.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
This should go in the Words that are like fingernails on the blackboard thread, but since it is the word of the day relative to the Mueller report.

TRANSPARENCY

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Ill stick with what Ive predicted all along... all the small fish fry, but the big fish breaks the line and all the momentum of 2020 swings heavily to the Republicans after this waste of money. Hoping I'm wrong, but Ive never been sold on this bringing down Trump.
How exactly was it a waste of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.