The policy of liberalism..,,,

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Using the flag on a shoe violates the flag code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Using the flag on a shoe violates the flag code.
From the American Legion

Unless an article of clothing is made from an actual United States flag, there is NO breach of flag etiquette whatsoever. People are simply expressing their patriotism and love of country by wearing an article of clothing that happens to be red, white, and blue with stars and stripes. There is nothing illegal about the wearing or use of these items.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Unless an article of clothing is made from an actual flag there is no breach of flag etiquette.
i would think shoes would fall under this. but the code is ignored pretty much all of the time wrt clothing, paper plates, etc.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I find it interesting.

Kaepernick makes a comment about using the flag on shoes, and he is all of a sudden the mouthpiece for liberal thought and policy.

Yet the president, does whatever it is he does, and many Republicans say that he isn’t representative of Republican values.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
i would think shoes would fall under this. but the code is ignored pretty much all of the time wrt clothing, paper plates, etc.
I think the answer here lies in what qualifies as a flag. You would never see anyone wave a patch or run it up a flagpole. If Nike cut an actual flag and sewed it to a shoe that would be against the code. A patch is not a flag.

At least that’s the way I’ve always understood it. I stand to be corrected.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think the answer here lies in what qualifies as a flag. You would never see anyone wave a patch or run it up a flagpole. If Nike cut an actual flag and sewed it to a shoe that would be against the code. A patch is not a flag.

At least that’s the way I’ve always understood it. I stand to be corrected.
i have always understood it that the image of the flag is not to be used in an incorrect manner on clothing, etc. based on my understanding, nearly every 4th of july and memorial day picnic, fireworks show, etc are in violation of the flag code :)

regardless, i don't think what is going on has much to do with the flag code. it is a private company making product decisions based on how they think the market will react.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I find it interesting.

Kaepernick makes a comment about using the flag on shoes, and he is all of a sudden the mouthpiece for liberal thought and policy.

Yet the president, does whatever it is he does, and many Republicans say that he isn’t representative of Republican values.
no true conservative

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Turns out it truly was about the flag to begin with, funny how things work out.

Arizona governor has pulled financial incentives (or threatened to) and Ted Cruz has actually come out and attempted to start a Nike boycott, to what extent we will see.

It’s publicity, and it’s publicity from both sides, American haters love Kap and Nike bowing to him, and the “Patriotic” crowd is riled up over dropping the shoe. All this conveniently happening on the week of Fourth of July should have any rational person sick to their stomach at the blatant nonsense Nike is creating.

If you look Under Armor has created a nice little niche of clothing with the Armed Forces logos and such and they look pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.