The GOP is turning the 4th of July into an authoritarian fantasy

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
We need to lighten up on President Burgundy, he was just reading the prompter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think his writers are messing with him...
The fact speech writers would think so little of someone doesn't say much about either them OR him.

(And isn't it standard practice or a normal person to go over his or her speech beforehand and attempt to give the appearance of being extemporaneous?

Never mind - I see I used the words "standard" and "normal" above. My bad.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I liked David Brooks parting thoughts about the celebration. First, he said, this country's narrative has never been about military might, like some other regimes. It's always been about immigration, equal chances and the melting pot. (paraphrasing) This narrative is closed off to Trump, with his attacks on immigrants, so he has to find an alternative and the military is the only thing left. Second, the national parks belong to everyone, as does the national mall. The public was fenced out so high donor Republicans could usurp the public's space. (paraphrasing again) I like it...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
apparently melanoma thought the main event at the 4th was a wet t-shirt contest. since (i assume) i can't post the actual picture due to site rules, this will have to do

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Now I know how the British were beaten in 1776 -- America had an airforce!!! What dimwit statement and that crap about the telestrator stopping is ridiculous. Trump just can't help himself lying all the time and again he has clearly demonstrated his lack of education and intellect.

With Trump's admiration of authoritarian regimes (Putin, Xi, Kim) he and his right wing/altrightists won't be happy until the USA is renamed Gilead and many women are in bondage as handmaidens.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Now I know how the British were beaten in 1776 -- America had an airforce!!! What dimwit statement and that crap about the telestrator stopping is ridiculous. Trump just can't help himself lying all the time and again he has clearly demonstrated his lack of education and intellect.

With Trump's admiration of authoritarian regimes (Putin, Xi, Kim) he and his right wing/altrightists won't be happy until the USA is renamed Gilead and many women are in bondage as handmaidens.
we were damn lucky that cornwallis missed his connection at hartsfield-jackson.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
This is the best presidential gaffe ever. The Dems are going to get a ton of mileage out of this, especially in the debates. Looking back, I’m glad they had this 4th celebration. It couldn’t have worked out better.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.