TJ Yeldon

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
I thought Yeldon shouldve started all season after the Michigan game since Lacy seemed to be around 85-90% early in the season. I gladly ate a large helping of crow watching Lacy run these past 4 games. truly amazed me, his spin move is jaw dropping considering his size. no way Lacy is only 220.

onto Yeldon, just thinking he should be starting is a huge compliment. Yeldon will be very very special, heres to hoping he stays healthy and becomes a leader for us.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
When Yeldon runs with the ball he reminds me of Frozone from "The Incredibles". He glides like he is skating and seems to slip away from tackles. Really uncanny.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He's amazingly developed, a truly natural runner, and his patience is truly amazing for someone so 'young'.

Some comparative freshman numbers for perspective:
Code:
                    att     yds     avg     TDs    rec   yds   avg     TDs  
Mark Ingram:        143     728     5.1     12     7     54     7.7     0
Trent Richardson:   145     751     5.2     8      16    126    7.9     0
Eddie Lacy:         56      406     7.3     6      2     18     9.0     0
TJ Yeldon:          175     1108    6.3     12     11    131    11.9    1
An embarrassment of riches, indeed!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He's amazingly developed, a truly natural runner, and his patience is truly amazing for someone so 'young'.

Some comparative freshman numbers for perspective:
Code:
                    att     yds     avg     TDs    rec   yds   avg     TDs  
Mark Ingram:        143     728     5.1     12     7     54     7.7     0
Trent Richardson:   145     751     5.2     8      16    126    7.9     0
Eddie Lacy:         56      406     7.3     6      2     18     9.0     0
TJ Yeldon:          175     1108    6.3     12     11    131    11.9    1
An embarrassment of riches, indeed!

Imagine if he was the featured running back. He probably would have gone over 2,000 yards as a freshman, which is totally beyond imagination.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
i have been amazed by how low key and humble he is. just gets up after the play and goes back to the huddle again.
I don't know, I've noticed a few times where an OL grabbed him and pulled him back to the huddle to stop him from talking trash. One in particular that comes to mind in in the SECCG when we were plowing UGA's D with the running game. He ripped a long one off and started to get in someone's face and Fluker grabbed him and turned him back to the huddle.

I'm very appreciative of Yeldon, but we also need to remember that he got a lot of carries that would have went to Fowler or Hart and would have cut into his yardage totals. No doubt he's a great back, but his numbers are also bred from the circumstances around him.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm very appreciative of Yeldon, but we also need to remember that he got a lot of carries that would have went to Fowler or Hart and would have cut into his yardage totals.
Indeed, but his YPC average is a good bit better than both MI's and TR's as FR (24% better than MI, 21% better than TR).

Not comparing backs, just emphasizing that TJ is a special talent.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't know, I've noticed a few times where an OL grabbed him and pulled him back to the huddle to stop him from talking trash. One in particular that comes to mind in in the SECCG when we were plowing UGA's D with the running game. He ripped a long one off and started to get in someone's face and Fluker grabbed him and turned him back to the huddle.

I'm very appreciative of Yeldon, but we also need to remember that he got a lot of carries that would have went to Fowler or Hart and would have cut into his yardage totals. No doubt he's a great back, but his numbers are also bred from the circumstances around him.
well, he was very low key in the BCSCG. also UGA is known for being trash talking punks after they get bulldozed on defense, go watch all of the smack they talked to Georgia Southern when they were getting gashed by the triple option in the first half of their game.

and his numbers are his numbers. a freshman #2 running back getting over 1000 on the season in any situation/circumstance is pretty special.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
When Yeldon runs with the ball he reminds me of Frozone from "The Incredibles". He glides like he is skating and seems to slip away from tackles. Really uncanny.
Reminds me of Gayle Sayers....and thats a huge compliment.

And its just so impressive that he doesnt celebrate after he scores...he knows he'll be back...
became one of my favorite players after one game...impressive doesnt say enough about him to me.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
i agree that he's great, but one area he needs to work on is lower leg strength. he gets tripped up too easily at times...reminds me a bit of dennis riddle in that respect. that said, he's incredible.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
You're reaching. He has incredible balance and alot like Trent, never seems to lose yards.

This guy is a stud and if things continue as is with his health and progression, another RB drafted in the top 15 from our UA.

i agree that he's great, but one area he needs to work on is lower leg strength. he gets tripped up too easily at times...reminds me a bit of dennis riddle in that respect. that said, he's incredible.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
teo tried tripping him a few times, didn't work out too well

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.