Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax faces second sexual assault allegation

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
No due process in the court of public opinion. To forcibly remove him would take due process, though.
This^^^. This is the strategy being used by both parties as they deem it necessary to sway the public. Trump has used Rudy for over a year to try and convince the public that the entire Mueller investigation is a personal vendetta by the Democrats to remove him from office.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I thought that was the purpose of including my comments (reply with quote button) in your post.
The purpose was to highlight your selective interest in the #metoo movement.

Now, you obviously do not have to explain why you seem to entirely excuse some men (well, mainly one) and not others, but the rest of us are free to point out hypocrisy when we see it.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The purpose was to highlight your selective interest in the #metoo movement.

Now, you obviously do not have to explain why you seem to entirely excuse some men (well, mainly one) and not others, but the rest of us are free to point out hypocrisy when we see it.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you sure you read my post(s) correctly?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you sure you read my post(s) correctly?
You've started a several #metoo threads if memory serves, and I believe you even brought it up during Kavanaugh's hearing. So it seems to be something that you care about. Yet I've never heard you apply the movement to Donald Trump. Why is that? He's had more credible allegations of sexual assault than any of the others.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
You've started a several #metoo threads if memory serves, and I believe you even brought it up during Kavanaugh's hearing. So it seems to be something that you care about. Yet I've never heard you apply the movement to Donald Trump. Why is that? He's had more credible allegations of sexual assault than any of the others.
OK thanks - now I understand what you were getting at.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Civility Webinar:

http://www.thc.texas.gov/news-events/events/webinar-creating-culture-civility-era-metoo-time’s

Imagine a work environment where all communications and interactions were conducted in a civil and respectful manner. Co-workers and customers would be treated respectfully on a consistent basis. There would be no place for harassment, discrimination, bullying, workplace violence, unethical actions, or other disrespectful and potentially illegal behaviors.

I believe President Trump is the guest speaker!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I saw on the news this morning that the guy who was going to introduce articles of impeachment against Fairfax isn’t going forward with it.

I would have a problem voting to impeach him unless the charges are proven or at least hearing from his accusers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Fairfax Accuser: I Was Raped by NBA Star Corey Maggette

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fairfax-accuser-i-was-raped-by-nba-star-corey-maggette

Meredith Watson—one of the two women who have accused Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax of sexual assault—says she was raped by former Duke University and NBA basketball star Corey Maggette. Watson alleges, through her attorney, that Maggette raped her during her sophomore year at Duke.

To me, the grain of salt has become bigger.
:eek: Should a career be ruined over an unproven allegation? I think not.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Fairfax Accuser: I Was Raped by NBA Star Corey Maggette

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fairfax-accuser-i-was-raped-by-nba-star-corey-maggette

Meredith Watson—one of the two women who have accused Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax of sexual assault—says she was raped by former Duke University and NBA basketball star Corey Maggette. Watson alleges, through her attorney, that Maggette raped her during her sophomore year at Duke.

To me, the grain of salt has become bigger.
:eek: Should a career be ruined over an unproven allegation? I think not.
Either she has really bad luck or...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Why were these questions not thrown out there when all the Hollywood allegations started coming out? People’s careers were over the second they were reported, and many of the claims have still not been proven. Why all the caution all of a sudden?
I've been pretty consistent all along no matter the name or affiliation of the accused, as have most here.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Why were these questions not thrown out there when all the Hollywood allegations started coming out? People’s careers were over the second they were reported, and many of the claims have still not been proven. Why all the caution all of a sudden?
IIRC, there has always been two camps for the most part.

Typically the loudest bullhorn is held by those with the biggest agenda.

And the beat goes on......

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Ya think?

Seriously, I've given consideration to the exact same thought: It's awfully convenient that the three people ahead of a R are under fire right now - regardless of the merit of the charges (not to diminish the importance of same).

This is the problem I have with some of the movements (metoo, anti-racism, and so on): There is a (sometimes reasonable) outrage that leads to demanding the destruction of careers over past mistakes and wrongs and at times with little to no evidence the accusations are true. Some are saying we should just believe the accuser without reservation/validate their story. Well, let's first consider the very definition of "validate" and that absent truth there is no worth to the story and that because of multiple reasons for people to lie, man or woman, credence cannot simply be given without consideration.

What Republicans are doing is taking the very weaknesses in the social justice movements they criticize (again, sometimes rightly so) and weaponizing those very things against their opposition even as they insulate themselves against it. It is shrewd, ruthless, and brilliant from a political perspective; but it is also rude, insensitive, and has potential to backfire.

But let's not pretend Democrats haven't done the same thing; faking concern (in some cases) while maximizing the political impact to R's whenever possible (not to say that is true of everyone, but I'm quite cynical for good reason).

Meanwhile, when we could use opportunities to learn and grow and bridge divides we tend to drive that wedge further in and learn little to nothing other than "hide your past and your real thoughts" if you want to achieve/maintain success.

Even my (I feel) rational discussion above would be reason for some to want bad things to happen to me. There has to be a better way.

Whether it's the vehicle of religion, politics, or any other social platform that someone chooses. More times than not, the platform on which they are standing isn't the reason they are so passionately and relentlessly fighting. There is some personal gain they are actually pursuing. Follow the trail of potential money and/or power to be gained, and you'll exponentially increase your chances of finding the truth.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
who are the two camps in this situation, and who is wielding the loudest bullhorn?
Thought it would be obvious.

One camp wants to immediate behead the accused....the other camp wants to wait until an investigation takes place.

Bullhorn goes to both camps - depending on their agenda.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Thought it would be obvious.

One camp wants to immediate behead the accused....the other camp wants to wait until an investigation takes place.

Bullhorn goes to both camps - depending on their agenda.
there is some obvious stuff, but it is not the simplistic framework you are proposing

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
who are the two camps in this situation, and who is wielding the loudest bullhorn?
Those screaming for Fairfax's head seem loud.
I think Fairfax survives this. As does Northam.

Context would seem to be key. Northam, to my mid, has done northing in the last few decades that would indicate he is a white supremacist. To me, it looks like he was a college student who found humorous the juxtaposition of a "black" man and a KKK member. In truth, if Northam was in black face by himself or in KKK garb, by himself, it would be odd.

Of passing interest, Kevin M. Levin, who is a moron, writes about "The ‘Loyal Slave’ Photo That Explains the Northam Scandal." In fact, the Northam scandal has nothing at all to do with the "Loyal Slave" Photo, it is just that Levin likes debunking the "Loyal Slave" photo. Levin obviously never went to college and does not understand anything related to awkward college student humor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.