Saban says "no real timeline" for Tua

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I think this is from the presser today....his change to "no real timeline" makes me think a doctor told him Tua won't be ready by the LSU game. Hope that's not the case, but if it is, let's go Mac and Taulia.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He also said normally they'd be doing full rehab by day 10 in the same breath. I think this is mostly smoke and mirrors.

“The surgery was successful," Saban said. "There’s no real timetable for his return, but the expectation is he will be non-weight bearing for several days and then he’ll be able to come back as his rehab allows him. We’re hopeful that in a 10 day period he’ll be back being able to do pretty active type rehab and we’ll see how it goes from there. These things are pretty unpredictable at this point.”

People are taking the bait. He's just playing mind games with LSU.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
He also said normally they'd be doing full rehab by day 10 in the same breath. I think this is mostly smoke and mirrors.

People are taking the bait. He's just playing mind games with LSU.
I am certainly willing to participate in the mind games with LSU. ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There are three weeks before the LSU game. Saban isn't going to say anything too outlandish at this point in regards to Tua's recovery. He's going to be extremely conservative in what - and how - he says when giving updates.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Here's how it will probably go:

Spectator with one of those scooters early this week maybe doing low-grav rehab later this week

Next week will be low-grav early in the week and regular rehab later in the week

Practicing with the 1s on LSU week

If anything goes wrong or slowly then we're looking to Mac Jones for the most important game of the season.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He gave a very reasonable update given what we know. Nothing has changed since he spoke yesterday. So, even though nothing has changed, folks are acting like something has changed.

Funny how our minds work.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
He gave a very reasonable update given what we know. Nothing has changed since he spoke yesterday. So, even though nothing has changed, folks are acting like something has changed.

Funny how our minds work.
PSYOP man, PSYOP.....everything has changed and nothing has changed.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Can we still get in the Playoff with a loss to LSU??
If we lose to LSU without Tua playing and that's our only loss and Tua is back by the postseason, that's a big fat YES!

It's kinda crazy to think but it MIGHT make it easier to not have to play in the SECCG. It's riskier, but easier if it were to work out that way.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
color me not concerned.
we've already seen him have this same procedure on his other ankle before and he was running around at practice in less than 2 weeks.
if you recalled, he played with a bad knee in Baton Rouge and still carved up the lsu defense and even ran one in from the 50 yard line.
either way, 3 weeks to get better and game plan for lsu with or w/o Tua.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
If we lose to LSU without Tua playing and that's our only loss and Tua is back by the postseason, that's a big fat YES!

It's kinda crazy to think but it MIGHT make it easier to not have to play in the SECCG. It's riskier, but easier if it were to work out that way.
Only issue with that is Bama fatigue. Plus, who would we need to lose at that point. Ohio State still has Wisconsin...Clemson has no one....LSU would have the SECCG vs UGA/UF?....Oklahoma still has Okie State and the B12CG....I think Bama would need at least two losses from that group of teams...maybe it happens who knows.

If Bama-LSU is a tight game, the loser still has a good chance I think...if its a two or more score win, the loser is going to have a very hard time making the final four.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.