Bama tells faculty/staff to not sell tickets for profit

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
From the "just in case you didn't know it" files:

Current UA employees are considered public employees under the Alabama ethics law.

As such, UA employees cannot sell or trade their faculty/staff football ticket order form or their purchased faculty/staff tickets for a profit. Such a sale is considered using a public position for personal gain, which is a violation of the Alabama Ethics Act.

UA officials investigate reports of any employee selling faculty/staff tickets for more than they paid for them. Employees found to have profited from the sale or trade of faculty/staff tickets are subject to being reported to the Alabama Ethics Commission, which can levy fines and criminal charges.

In addition, all faculty, staff and retirees who violate this policy are subject to penalties from the Intercollegiate Athletics office. Those penalties include revocation of current season tickets and bans on the purchase of faculty/staff tickets in the future.
https://www.ua.edu/news/2019/08/alabama-ethics-law-and-faculty-staff-football-tickets/

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Nothing new. Probably wanted to remind folks because a lot of new f/s got tickets this year since it seems many grayhairs passed on this year’s home schedule.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not sure if this is banned everywhere or not, but it is banned at OSU.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The more I think about this the more I realize that they're probably showing their teeth on this because they are having trouble selling out season ticket packages.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sooo to all of our fine Professors on TF, I could use 2 for Twelveessee!!! :Joker_PDT_20: on TideFans.com
Single game tickets went on sale today. TN game included. In fact, looks like every game other than LSU is included.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
May not be profs and staff, but a lot of folks are apparently selling tickets at a LOSS. Just checked StubHub and can tickets for Kickoff Classic for less than $50......

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
This will hopefully make New Mexico tickets more affordable...as if the mid afternoon kick in early Sept hadn’t already done so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.