DJ Dale and Trey Sanders (Sanders Reportedly Out for Season)

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Man, I hate that....... hope they both recover completely. One positive is that the RB depth is good. Trey can rehab and get well and be ready for next year

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Only silver lining is the newish redshirt rule. If Sanders can come back towards the end of the season he can play in up to 4 games and not burn a year of eligibility..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: DJ Dale and Trey Sanders

Argh....I know I usually look at college football through a Bama lens, but it sure seems like we've had worse injury luck than any other major contender the last few years. It's always the biggest worry in my mind every season. When's the last time we made it to a playoff without major contributors out or slowed by injury?
Not picking on you specifically, but several every year say that Bama has more injuries than other teams.

Has anyone seen some concrete evidence to support this claim OR is it simply the fact that we hang on every Bama practice update and we don't really keep up with other teams that closely?

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002

I have always been a big Cochran guy but I am starting to think there is more to this than luck. It is every year for the past several years. At what point do we begin to question??? I honestly do not know. But this is ridiculous.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I have always been a big Cochran guy but I am starting to think there is more to this than luck. It is every year for the past several years. At what point do we begin to question??? I honestly do not know. But this is ridiculous.
Big men who are the cream of the elite banging into each other over and over again is the issue. There is a reason UK and Vandy have fewer practice injuries. Big large fast men fighting for attention and playing time. People get hurt sometimes. But for people to keep questioning Cochran for ankles, feet and knees blows my mind.

They aren’t getting hurt in the weight room. It’s on the field with 84 other guys banging on each other.

5 stars hit really hard.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Big men who are the cream of the elite banging into each other over and over again is the issue. There is a reason UK and Vandy have fewer practice injuries. Big large fast men fighting for attention and playing time. People get hurt sometimes. But for people to keep questioning Cochran for ankles, feet and knees blows my mind.

They aren’t getting hurt in the weight room. It’s on the field with 84 other guys banging on each other.

5 stars hit really hard.
What goes on at Alabama does not go on at any other place. It's why we've won more than anyone over the past 12 years, but also why we haven't won them all.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

I just heard about Trey Sanders this morning based on a report on DawgNation's message board. I'm very sorry to hear about his injury and so are the Dawg fans I saw posting on this topic. Nobody likes to see a kid get hurt and their dreams put on hold. I wish him well and hope for a speedy recovery.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Luckily it doesn't seem like an injury that will debilitate him long-term - assuming surgery is successful - like a ligament injury.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

The injuries are hard to swallow, but they aren't the result of poor conditioning. These are broken bones, hyper-extensions, and the like. Not soft tissue pulls, strains, and similar that can be the result of poor conditioning.

Cochran's the best in the business. We don't need him going anywhere.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.