Alabama ranked 4th best SEC gameday atmosphere

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The 3 most overrated things in the world are frequent flyer points, extramarital sex, and the Grove at Ole Miss.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The 3 most overrated things in the world are frequent flyer points, extramarital sex, and the Grove at Ole Miss.
Yeah I absolutely hated my experience at Ole Miss, and I would say that I much prefer Missouri and MSU over it.

I would say aTm and LSU are the best. It’s hard to beat the massive amount of tradition, the nicest fans in the world, and being in the best stadium in the SEC while at aTm. But something about a night game at LSU gives me a slight lean towards LSU

I think way too much is made about the Grove that after someone unfortunately gets stuck in that square of drunks and gets to see that high school stadium then they might have a better view of MSU and their cowbells in their far better stadium.

Auburn is one of the most hostile atmospheres I’ve been to, and the only time I went was in 2015. I don’t think I will ever go back for an Iron Bowl because the tension you could cut with a knife and you don’t wanna be there when we lose or are behind for a long period of time. But you have to give their fans credit for their enthusiasm and hostility.

As far as Alabama... taking my glasses off I would say it’s in the middle of the ones I’ve gone to mostly because crowds seem bored for the most part, and Tuscaloosa offers little to do and what little it has will cost you an arm and leg to do. So unless you are an Alabama fan, I think for the most part you will be disappointed based on most expectations going in. Alabama feels way more like an average NFL atmosphere than a college atmosphere. I think once they started using 90% piped music over the MDB they destroyed a good bit of the atmosphere. Basically Alabama is the New England Patriots, San Antonio Spurs, and New York Yankees in that the atmosphere you are paying for is the product on the field and not the one in the stands or outside the stadium. Which I prefer it that way as an Alabama fan, but unbiasedly I think if we are defining best atmospheres then it’s in the middle.

Missouri is a cool little trip. Tennessee is okay but very disappointing.

Never been to UGA, UF, VU, ,UK, or Arkansas so no opinion. But I’m scratching of USCe this year.

1a LSU
1b aTm
3 Auburn
4 Alabama
5 MSU
6 Missouri
7 Tennessee
8 Ole Miss

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.