Tua's Streak of Scoring on First Possession

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
OK, it got broken against LSU, but does it count (technically) because Tua couldn't finish that drive???

BTW, still doesn't make sense to me that he got hurt (goodies) on a play that didn't count. Went out of the game and Jones and offense got called for another penalty but then Tua couldn't re-enter the game. I know there's a "rule" about another play needs to be run, but this incident seems to be a "loophole" situation where if you get hurt on a non-play and then another non-play occurs, it would seem the player in question should be able to return.

But, maybe a more important question, do we get the "streak" going again against MSU???

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Re: Tua's Streak of Scoring on First Posession

It does count, and yes we will begin another streak against MSU.

The only thing that stopped the drive against LSU was a self-inflicted mistake. It was nothing LSU did.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

BTW, did anybody else "analyze" the 2 plays Jones was in on?

First play: Got another motion penalty, but he had "dropped back" to pass: I was surprised this was not just a straight handoff to get back a few yards.

Second play: technically the only one that counted, our 3rd string QB runs an QB OPTION PLAY!?

I was shocked and not surprised at all that it netted about a 5 yard loss. Maybe the worst play call of the year???

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

If this is trying to make amends for jinxing Tua last week then you are doing a horrible job. ;) blue font

I think this maybe one of the toughest tests we have all year vs a good defense so it’s really hard to predict what happens. If I had to say yes or no if we score the first drive then I would say we score a field goal instead of a td if we have to drive the field.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

If this is trying to make amends for jinxing Tua last week then you are doing a horrible job. ;) blue font

I think this maybe one of the toughest tests we have all year vs a good defense so it’s really hard to predict what happens. If I had to say yes or no if we score the first drive then I would say we score a field goal instead of a td if we have to drive the field.
I was thinking the same thing LOL. If things go haywire tomorrow, then BamaMoon probably need to stop making threads like that in the near future. I'm just kidding with you!

The series where It was stalled, it was weird and very confusing. We would've got first down with Mac Jones. The option play on 3rd and 28... not ideal playcalling. How did we go from pass to option pay that quick?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

The series where It was stalled, it was weird and very confusing. We would've got first down with Mac Jones. The option play on 3rd and 28... not ideal playcalling. How did we go from pass to option pay that quick?
Yeah, his drop back to pass was pretty dramatic. You'd think it would have been a safe, tightend screen, but it looked like he was looking downfield about the time it was blown dead.

And the QB option??? Who we fooling with that? Even if Jones keeps, which was the correct read rather than the pitch, if he cuts up into the hole he might get 2 or 3 yards, but nothing more. Just strange, IMO.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL

The crowd noise definitely was the main reason for us stalling out. That, and Tua getting a cheap shot and having to go out.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

Had there been no communication issue on the jet sweep to Jeudy that's 6 points. Bama had them outflanked and he would have walked in. Honestly, it should have been 38-0.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Had there been no communication issue on the jet sweep to Jeudy that's 6 points. Bama had them outflanked and he would have walked in. Honestly, it should have been 38-0.
Yep. Waddle also broke off a route that he could have housed if he had caught it in stride. Hopefully Devonta Smith comes back soon.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

i agree, this is a TD or at least a big gain, he would have to beat Delpit , but it was doable. Either way, we would be in much better position. Also , the screen pass on second was a big gainer had it not been knocked down
[/URL][/IMG]

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

The only streak that matters is the win streak, INT and not scoring on first drive is really not that big a deal in the big picture. Both were bound to end at some point. As long as we keep the winning streak going who really cares? No one will remember those when we hoist the NC trophy again. Here is for the real streak, 2 in a row........National Championships. Now for Tua that is a streak to go for. Stay undefeated and add another trophy to the case. At some point we will have to expand the trophy case andthe building it resides in.:cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.