Got to give props to Coach Khaki

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
They went to Italy last year, France this year and South Africa next year (No expense to the players paid by boosters ) is a hell of a pitch for recruiting. ( come to Michigan and you will see the world) I wouldn't be surprised to see us doing this in the future.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They went to Italy last year, France this year and South Africa next year (No expense to the players paid by boosters ) is a hell of a pitch for recruiting. ( come to Michigan and you will see the world) I wouldn't be surprised to see us doing this in the future.
Saban should announce plans to do it just to have the NCAA ban it.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
All that has to be done to put a stop to this practice, even though it is a good thing, is for Alabama to begin doing it.

I hope Bama does start: East & West Africa year 1, Europe 2, Mexico/South Am & Pacific Islands/esp. Samoa 3, North Africa/Israel/ME 4, China/Japan 5. Then recycle. So, after your 5 years at Bama you will have seen the world.

ShoalCreek

Suspended
Feb 28, 2018
All that has to be done to put a stop to this practice, even though it is a good thing, is for Alabama to begin doing it.

I hope Bama does start: East & West Africa year 1, Europe 2, Mexico/South Am & Pacific Islands/esp. Samoa 3, North Africa/Israel/ME 4, China/Japan 5. Then recycle. So, after your 5 years at Bama you will have seen the world.
It's an institutional prerogative to allow student-athletes to travel abroad. The NCAA has nothing to do with it. It's still somewhat buffoonery to see student-athletes have restrictions on dorms yet they have none on traveling the world at university expense. The NCAA years ago eliminated dorms for student-athletes. Today the dorms must be a 51-49 split between regular students and student-athletes. Bryant Hall does this now.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
these trips are going to get old real fast if Harbaugh doesn't produce a B10 Championship or NC for the Wolverines.
The reality - he has to beat OSU. He is getting beat by all of UM's rivals and it is beautiful to behold.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don't understand why this isn't breaking NCAA rules. You can par for a kid to tour a foreign country, but can't buy him a sandwich here in the US.....?!?

Am I missing something here?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think this year is make-or-break for Harbaugh. They lost so much after the 2016 season, anybody with half a brain knew 2017 would be a dropoff. So he gets an uneasy pass.

But the combination of being a first-rate jerk and quirkiness bordering on downright weirdness means you better beat the teams that matter and be in the conversation for championships in late November....which he hasn’t done.

On top of that, his handling of the QB position, his supposed towering strength, was abysmal last year.

Remember Dubose and Shula: when fanbases eat their own, it gets nasty ugly. 2018 will be a most interesting season at TSUN.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I think this year is make-or-break for Harbaugh. They lost so much after the 2016 season, anybody with half a brain knew 2017 would be a dropoff. So he gets an uneasy pass.

But the combination of being a first-rate jerk and quirkiness bordering on downright weirdness means you better beat the teams that matter and be in the conversation for championships in late November....which he hasn’t done.

On top of that, his handling of the QB position, his supposed towering strength, was abysmal last year.

Remember Dubose and Shula: when fanbases eat their own, it gets nasty ugly. 2018 will be a most interesting season at TSUN.
the first 3 years is normally the grace period given to a new HC by the AD and the fan base. this will be his 4th year at Ann Arbor. they have recruited very well since his time there. here's a breakdown of Michigan's classes the last 3 years under his watch:

2018: #21 in the country, # 3 in the B10
2017:# 5 in the country, # 2 in the B10
2016: # 8 in the country, # 2 in the B10

2019: currently # 8 in the country, # 1 in the B10

talent is not devoid at Michigan. furthermore, UM recruits far and wide, getting elite players from New Jersey to California. they are a national brand.

ShoalCreek

Suspended
Feb 28, 2018
I don't understand why this isn't breaking NCAA rules. You can par for a kid to tour a foreign country, but can't buy him a sandwich here in the US.....?!?

Am I missing something here?
It's up to the institution to allow student-athletes to travel abroad. The school pays for it, not the athletic department. It's legit and legal.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

TSUN? Is that shorthand for The Land of the Rising Sun? My intel is Hairball is headed over there to intercede for on behalf of a Japanese college coach who has brought the game into disrepute - with Hairball proposing Ninja Football Spring Training with Honor. Then again, maybe not...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It's up to the institution to allow student-athletes to travel abroad. The school pays for it, not the athletic department. It's legit and legal.
And they allow all the athletes? Just the big money football players. I'm sure the institution is reimbursed by the football boosters in some sort of back alley deal or contribution to the institution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
But is this opportunity available to regular students or just football players?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
And they allow all the athletes? Just the big money football players. I'm sure the institution is reimbursed by the football boosters in some sort of back alley deal or contribution to the institution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So how is this not a form of money laundering?

It sure smells like a fishing dock...

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
But is this opportunity available to regular students or just football players?
regular students can go study abroad while athletes can't. Also, College basketball allows teams to travel overseas once every three years I believe. Lastly it's like when Amari Cooper gifted beats to players in the sense every football player gets it or something to that extent.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I think the expectations for Harbaugh were so high when he was hired that his fanbase was expecting a Saban-Alabama like revival. There simply was no doubt that he would get it done. Looking at his results on the field are disappointing and he needs to beat OSU and win a championship now. All his weird and quirky ideas are not working as much as they did.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.