Link: CNN reporting Flynn resignation...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
y'all = all of you on the right that ate up Wikileaks for months prior to the election as if it was the greatest thing ever. If I mistakenly put you in bucket in which you do not belong I apologize.
Most interesting how extrapolating a face-covering hijab into a potential terrorist threat is Islamophobic, misogynistic, racist profiling.

But extrapolating a conservative philosophy into a knuckle-dragging, racist, misogynistic deploreable is a quite understandable mistake any sensible person could make.

This kind of elitist stereotyping is exactly how the Democrats managed to throw away an historical bastion of support -- the blue collar worker.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Leaks are now bad, got it

getting hard to keep up with y'all on all of this

but I agree this needs to be investigated as does how the Russians and their hacking crews affected this election.

I will be shocked if we see both
the deflection bracelets have been dispensed.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Most interesting how extrapolating a face-covering hijab into a potential terrorist threat is Islamophobic, misogynistic, racist profiling.

But extrapolating a conservative philosophy into a knuckle-dragging, racist, misogynistic deploreable is a quite understandable mistake any sensible person could make.

This kind of elitist stereotyping is exactly how the Democrats managed to throw away an historical bastion of support -- the blue collar worker.
it's hard out there for a conservative.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Come on, man. Is this a conversation or a snark fest?
It's, "when you're busted on a logical inconsistency on a stereotype, change the topic to another irrelevant stereotype you think nobody will question."

In this case, conservatives control the world, so their opinions do not warrant credulity. After all, they already have all the power, so what do they care?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I think you're thinking of the burqa, which does cover the face. The usual hijab covers the hair and flows down over the bosom. Technically, "hijab" can cover a whole range of dress, but, in normal usage, it's just the hair...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
donald freaking trump is the president of the usa. and he has been a more monumental screw-up than even i thought he would be. i find snark to be helpful :)
Everyday I'm thankful didn't vote for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ligence-chairman-says/?utm_term=.ba111bb583c2
“I expect for the FBI to tell me what is going on, and they better have a good answer,” said Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, which is conducting a review of Russian activities to influence the election. “The big problem I see here is that you have an American citizen who had his phone calls recorded.”
I think it's funny that this guy Nunes is assuming the FBI was spying on Flynn. Isn't it more likely they were spying on the Russian ambassador?

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Dan Rather's facebook post https://www.facebook.com/theDanRather/posts/10158205383810716

Watergate is the biggest political scandal of my lifetime, until maybe now. It was the closest we came to a debilitating Constitutional crisis, until maybe now. On a 10 scale of armageddon for our form of government, I would put Watergate at a 9. This Russia scandal is currently somewhere around a 5 or 6, in my opinion, but it is cascading in intensity seemingly by the hour. And we may look back and see, in the end, that it is at least as big as Watergate. It may become the measure by which all future scandals are judged. It has all the necessary ingredients, and that is chilling.
When we look back at Watergate, we remember the end of the Nixon Presidency. It came with an avalanche, but for most of the time my fellow reporters and I were chasing down the story as it rumbled along with a low-grade intensity. We never were quite sure how much we would find out about what really happened. In the end, the truth emerged into the light, and President Nixon descended into infamy.
This Russia story started out with an avalanche and where we go from here no one really knows. Each piece of news demands new questions. We are still less than a month into the Trump Presidency, and many are asking that question made famous by Tennessee Senator Howard Baker those many years ago: "What did the President know, and when did he know it?" New reporting suggests that Mr. Trump knew for weeks. We can all remember the General Michael Flynn's speech from the Republican National Convention - "Lock her up!" in regards to Hillary Clinton. If Hillary Clinton had done one tenth of what Mr. Flynn had done, she likely would be in jail. And it isn't just Mr. Flynn, how far does this go?
The White House has no credibility on this issue. Their spigot of lies - can't we finally all agree to call them lies - long ago lost them any semblance of credibility. I would also extend that to the Republican Congress, who has excused away the Trump Administration's assertions for far too long.
We need an independent investigation. Damn the lies, full throttle forward on the truth. If a scriptwriter had approached Hollywood with what we are witnessing, he or she would probably have been told it was way too far-fetched for even a summer blockbuster. But this is not fiction. It is real and it is serious. Deadly serious. We deserve answers and those who are complicit in this scandal need to feel the full force of justice.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I know. To be at 50% of the number of Obamatrons so early in his Presidency is disturbing
Obamatron. I like that better than libtard. Obamatron implies modernity, science, computers. This Obamatron is studying the steadily increasing list of the Trumptanic.:eek:

Big Bird waits in line to vote for Bernie Sanders.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.