So, Who`s Left on the Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I had him for a Numerical Methods class in 1994 when he was in the Engineerig Mechanics department. I had done very little programming and it was a 500 level class. I spent a bunch of time in his office because the class was kicking my butt. He seems like a pretty neat guy.
Let me guess...Fortran? Numerical methods class is hard enough on its own, but layer having to learn/apply Fortran on top of it...kicked my butt too, I feel your pain. I had to do it all on an old mainframe/terminal system.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I was in Communications... :) LOL!
Let me guess...Fortran? Numerical methods class is hard enough on its own, but layer having to learn/apply Fortran on top of it...kicked my butt too, I feel your pain. I had to do it all on an old mainframe/terminal system.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I had him for a Numerical Methods class in 1994 when he was in the Engineerig Mechanics department. I had done very little programming and it was a 500 level class. I spent a bunch of time in his office because the class was kicking my butt. He seems like a pretty neat guy.
Sounds like the engineering equivalent of physical chemistry ( AKA pchem ). Considered taking it as an elective in prep for grad school. Course had a rep, so I went to talk to Dr. Smith who was chairman of the chemistry department. Never forget what he said, " Don't take it unless you absolutely have to. Hell son, I teach it and it's hard for ME! ". That psychology class I'd been eyeing all of a sudden looked a LOT better.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Fortran is a first semester freshman class. It kicked my butt when I took it. He didn't dictate what language you used. Most people in the class were using C++. I used Visual Basic.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Fortran is a first semester freshman class. It kicked my butt when I took it. He didn't dictate what language you used. Most people in the class were using C++. I used Visual Basic.
The numerical methods class I took (not at UA) required the use of Fortran. We also took it freshman year, then didn't touch it again until numerical methods my junior year which means I had to re-learn it. So I got two butt whippings by Mr. Fortran. :frown:

EDIT: Per comments below, yeah, sorry guys, back to recruiting!

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Lol I keep opening the thread every time I see a new post, hoping for some good news. Darn.
I have a post about recruiting Memphis. I'm seeing a lot of CB's for Devonta Lee to LSWho (John Emery Jr getting quite a few also). I don't know if we are losing out or if Devonta has a place only if we miss on somebody like Daxton Hill and/or Nick Cross (we are recruiting him as a safety).

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I have a post about recruiting Memphis. I'm seeing a lot of CB's for Devonta Lee to LSWho (John Emery Jr getting quite a few also). I don't know if we are losing out or if Devonta has a place only if we miss on somebody like Daxton Hill and/or Nick Cross (we are recruiting him as a safety).
Lee messed up by not participating in our last camp. He wants to come to bama but we have higher people on the board. He will commit to LSU to ensure himself a spot. They will come out and say they beat bama but not so fast.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Lee messed up by not participating in our last camp. He wants to come to bama but we have higher people on the board. He will commit to LSU to ensure himself a spot. They will come out and say they beat bama but not so fast.
Jam, should we assume the he and Sopsher go to the same school ? I`ve expected it personally. Hate to see LSU get them both.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Jam, should we assume the he and Sopsher go to the same school ? I`ve expected it personally. Hate to see LSU get them both.
There was a premium article on BOL about the latest on Sopsher and his brother. I don't know if he is trying to get his brother a scholarship or a PWO...... Anyone have access let us know.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
Thanks for the info! I’d gladly take Hill over all others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.