2019 Prospect: 2019 5 star LB Henry To'oto'o chooses Tennessee

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: 2019 5 star LB Henry To'oto'o

I'm afraid Tosh leaving will hurt with Henry.
its been reported that HT has been communicating with Golding down the stretch and has mentioned in interviews that he wants to commit to the school and not to any particular coach. I believe when HT comes for his OV, CNS will have a plan in place to show him how we will use him and how important he is to this class. the home visit after the OV ( hopefully with a new DC) will be huge!

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

its been reported that HT has been communicating with Golding down the stretch and has mentioned in interviews that he wants to commit to the school and not to any particular coach. I believe when HT comes for his OV, CNS will have a plan in place to show him how we will use him and how important he is to this class. the home visit after the OV ( hopefully with a new DC) will be huge!
I would also think Tosh would have called Henry (maybe per Saban request) and told him Bama was still the place for him and Tosh was still continuing to recruit him.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I see on the Ut board they are pretty confident ! Although the Crystal Balls are 100% Bama, UT is also listed as warmer with Bama in interest level! The fact that Pruitt gets an OV this weekend also gives Pruitt the chance to highlight Bama’s ‘unstable’ coaching situation! Something that Nick will have to address most certainly on HT’s visit to TTown!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I would also think Tosh would have called Henry (maybe per Saban request) and told him Bama was still the place for him and Tosh was still continuing to recruit him.
Yes I agree. And in actuality , Tosh leaving for the NFL was a win-win situation for Coach Saban and Bama. Tosh will no longer coach or recruit at the college level therefore not a threat to recruit against us ( looking at you Georgia) and he gets a NFL gig.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

That's good stuff right there. Kids need to commit to play for schools and not coaches. That said, Golding is a pretty good coach and recruiter in his own right.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

There were 3 CB's today for Henry but all were VIP picks. Bama or UT is trending.
They were all for UT, I guess losing Lupoi really hurt! We don’t need to lose To’oto’o!

He is coming off an OV , so that may have something to do with his interest in UT. He has Trey and Taulia to persuade him at the Polynesian bowl plus an OV on the 25th. I’m sure Nick will have to undo the coaching instability propaganda he got from UT, and Tosh leaving didn’t help! Funny the crystal balls came right after Tosh left! His last OV is Oregon, so we still have Cristobal to contend with!

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

They were all for UT, I guess losing Lupoi really hurt! We don’t need to lose To’oto’o!

He is coming off an OV , so that may have something to do with his interest in UT. He has Trey and Taulia to persuade him at the Polynesian bowl plus an OV on the 25th. I’m sure Nick will have to undo the coaching instability propaganda he got from UT, and Tosh leaving didn’t help! Funny the crystal balls came right after Tosh left! His last OV is Oregon, so we still have Cristobal to contend with!

We may have a lot to overcome here. Interested to see what Jam might have to say. Real position of need and a chance to play early. Always good to have the last visit.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

We may have a lot to overcome here. Interested to see what Jam might have to say. Real position of need and a chance to play early. Always good to have the last visit.
from what he told reporters, it sounds like he's not letting it affect him too much. very level headed responses.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

a fun tidbit. To'oto'o is half Tongan and Samoan . his Tongan father comes from the same village as Ale Kaho's family in Tonga.
they are not related, but both families are very, very close as most Polynesian families are.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

a fun tidbit. To'oto'o is half Tongan and Samoan . his Tongan father comes from the same village as Ale Kaho's family in Tonga.
they are not related, but both families are very, very close as most Polynesian families are.
Nice tidbit SJC. To add, Tua/Taulia are Samoan.

Now that I see where UT got the CB's coming off his OV it is not that bad. OV's typically bring out CB's and many times not accurate. What is the attraction to UT other than promised instant playing time. Pruitt does relate to kids really well but it seems odd a west coast kid would have UT as one of his perceived two finalist.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Coach Golding just landed in the Bay Area. he is set to visit HT before his OV in February.

Golding will have an opportunity to show Bama Nation that keeping him was a good move.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.