Brag On Your Kid(s)

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Re: Brag On You Kid(s)

I've got two boys. The oldest is 4 & the young one 7 months. My oldest is a kind young man. He is helpful with his baby brother, & even wants to help feed him. He came to me a few months ago and told me he wanted a job to earn money, so now he's excited about his chores and earning money. The kid does math in his head, I don't remember being able to do that. Mostly I'm proud that he's honest & a good kid & nice to everyone.
The baby - I'm happy that he can sit up. And he laughs at everything thanks to his brother.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

My oldest is 16. She is a junior in high school and has become obsessed with musical theater. She gets really good grades and is an all around great kid.

My second oldest is 2 1/2. She goes to Montessori school and has been potty trained for nearly half her life. She is also whip smart and makes up adorable little puns such as "Mommy... that would be a Gouda idea," after eating some Gouda cheese.

My third girl is the "alpha-male" of the triplets. She has been walking for about half of her life, but she still craps in her pants. She and her brothers start Montessori in January, so hopefully that will change soon.

My oldest boy - by a minute - is a handsome devil, and is extremely in touch with his emotions; meaning he cries a lot. He also has a hair-trigger gag reflex, so solids are going to be a challenge. Also still craps his pants, but is an angel when it comes to behavior.

The youngest boy is going to drive me to drink. He is also very handsome, but he is also an uncontrollable flirt, and I think we are going to have our hands full when he hits puberty. He is also a climber, and does not seem to care that climbing will result in punishment in "baby jail". Also, still craps his pants.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

My oldest (13) is first chair trombone. He's survived 4 challenges thus far this school year. He was selected for UAB Honor Band and placed third chair in the top honor band last week (out of 32 total trombones who tried out). It's great when good things happen for your children because it helps to reinforce the good habits that got 'em there.
I'm still beaming this morning. My oldest, who is now a 9th grader, tried out for All-state District IV (Jefferson and Shelby Counties) Honor Band yesterday. More than 50 of the best high school trombone players from the area tried out, and he was one of 13 who made it. Given the schools and resources available in this area, this is a big accomplishment for him, especially given all the upper classmen that he had to compete against as well. Thanks for letting me brag a little. He deserves it for all the hard work he put in over the last 6 months to be prepared.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

A houseful of Girls..... Our oldest is a Junior in College -- going to complete her final year in France (Mama's not happy)
Two in 10th Grade, One in 8th Grade -- all Honor Roll kids -- great job with Grades...
One of the 10th Graders and the 8th Grader are in their 10th year of Dance.....
The other 10th Grader plays Guitar, Piano, and her Mother's nerves.....
All three are in Competition Speech/Forensics -- and after 5 tournaments have brought home a combined 23 trophies......qualifying for state in 10 total events....so far.....
The 8th Grader has won 5 trophies -- but she's competing against high school kids (9th-12th grade -- first year our school has allowed the 8th graders to compete)

Proudest moment this year? At a Speech Tournament 3 weeks ago -- in Prose/Poetry (one of the events) -- they swept 1st, 2nd and 3rd place out of the 48 competing....

The 8th Grader won first place. Her sisters (who won 2nd and 3rd) were waiting for her at the edge of the stage with the biggest hug ever, and the audience chanting "SISTERS!!"

Very cool!
Since we are updating ;)

The oldest (now a senior in college, studying in France -- learning to deal with a country that moves at a snail's pace for everything)

Three girls now in High School --

One of the Juniors and the Freshman are now in their 11th year of dance, and teaching this year as well.
The other Junior and the Freshman are 4.0 for all of High School. The other Junior is still dealing with the B she made in Geometry last year ;) -- BUT, she went to Speech Nationals Last year and finished in the Top 24 in the country at the National Tournament in Chicago (out of 255 kids) -- PLUS you have to be in the Top 5 in your state just to qualify.....
This year for Speech -- through 7 tournaments -- (this is not a misprint) -- 55 Trophies combined..... (the Freshman has won 27 by herself -- the other two have 14 each.....) - they each compete in 5 events per tournament....
The Freshman had a "night to remember" in October --winning 1st in 4 separate events (one in Duet Acting with one of her sisters) and 3rd in Duo Performance with the other one of her sisters.....plus winning the Thespian Award for best performance at the Tournament....people still tell me that in 30 years, they'd never seen that happen for one kid, at one tournament, and she's a freshman....

They are gearing up for National Qualifiers taking place in March.....they are practicing hard - very proud.....hopefully good news to share......very soon.

Roll Tide for the "Sisters" -- ;)

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Since we are updating ;)

The oldest (now a senior in college, studying in France -- learning to deal with a country that moves at a snail's pace for everything)

Three girls now in High School --

One of the Juniors and the Freshman are now in their 11th year of dance, and teaching this year as well.
The other Junior and the Freshman are 4.0 for all of High School. The other Junior is still dealing with the B she made in Geometry last year ;) -- BUT, she went to Speech Nationals Last year and finished in the Top 24 in the country at the National Tournament in Chicago (out of 255 kids) -- PLUS you have to be in the Top 5 in your state just to qualify.....
This year for Speech -- through 7 tournaments -- (this is not a misprint) -- 55 Trophies combined..... (the Freshman has won 27 by herself -- the other two have 14 each.....) - they each compete in 5 events per tournament....
The Freshman had a "night to remember" in October --winning 1st in 4 separate events (one in Duet Acting with one of her sisters) and 3rd in Duo Performance with the other one of her sisters.....plus winning the Thespian Award for best performance at the Tournament....people still tell me that in 30 years, they'd never seen that happen for one kid, at one tournament, and she's a freshman....

They are gearing up for National Qualifiers taking place in March.....they are practicing hard - very proud.....hopefully good news to share......very soon.

Roll Tide for the "Sisters" -- ;)
Impressive

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

My kind of topic. :)

My oldest boy is in First Grade and he loves school. He is very smart and does well in school. We have never had problems with his schoolwork and he always gets good grades.

Our youngest is almost 3. He is such a sweetheart, but can be a stinker at times. Lol. He has a huge vocabulary for his age and is very independent. He is also very athletic and is so excited to start Tball in the spring. :)

I will update too. :)

My oldest is now in 2nd grade and was accepted into the gifted program for 3rd grade this fall.
Last fall, he turned into quite the little soccer star. We have finally found a sport that he really enjoys.

My youngest is turning 4 this month. He is still a stinker, but he is hilarious and always makes us laugh. He will also be starting soccer this month. I hope it can help get some of his energy out.

Never a dull day in my household.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

I have a 17 year old daughter who is graduating this year and *GASP* is going to Auburn. I know this means I have failed miserably as a parent, but to see the look on her face when her letter finally came--yesterday--it made me realize that there is more to life than a football team, a rivalry, a mascot, trees, a quad--whatever. She started loving Auburn a couple of years after she started dating her boyfriend and I started the mourning then. I knew when she was in 9th grade that she wouldn't end up at Bama and it took 4 years to be ok with it. Anyway, she is happy and that is all that matters. She is beautiful, smart, sweet and to us perfect. She is very social and has the personality of a 2nd child--very "fly by the seat of her pants"--messy, disorganized but loyal and honest. We couldn't be more proud as parents.

My 11 year old is more like a first child. He is a neat freak, obsessed about his grades, likes everything to be perfect. He plays baseball, football and basketball. He is in the 6th grade so next year he will be eligible to play school sports. We are so excited! He plays on a travel baseball team out of Montgomery and we drive up there 2 days a week for practice and play just about every other weekend. He is caring and protective of his friends and cousins. Very responsible for a kid who is just 11. Even though he is very serious most of the time, he has the BEST personality. His friends love him and trust him.

We trust our kids and let them have input on every decision we make as a family. I think our serious but laid back parenting style has worked well for us. Both of our kids get compliments from teachers and other adults who they interact with. I think I am most proud of things like this. People talk about how hard it is to raise kids these days, but I disagree. It has been the biggest blessing and the most fun raising mine. :)

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL

the wife and I have been blessed with 2 terrific little girls. the 8 yo is sharp as a tack, gets awesome grades, is loving, caring and cannot be outdone by anyone.

let me tell you about the 6 yo. she was born a preemie...weighed 1 lb 10 oz at birth. the OB delivered her and put her in my hand (yes just 1....my baby fit in the palm of my right hand)......made it through 13 weeks in NICU....hooked upto all kinds of medical equipment and IV lines....survived pneumonia while on the ventilator and countless needle stick. now in 1st grade....kinda small (weighs 30 lbs) and looks fragile but has a mean right hook if you cross her and runs everywhere (inside the house and out)......was recently diagnosed with an abdominal mass.....getting ready for surgery....she is the strongest person I have ever met.....physically and mentally. yes she has told me she's tired of all the tests at Childrens Hosp.....but goes through with them anyways. yes she gets tired during the day but she's right back at it once she has her power nap in the afternoon. yes she's tired of all the medicine she's had to take but takes them anyways. and she's even told me and the wife that she's sorry she's caused so much trouble for us because of her health.....what do you tell a 6 yo who has that kind of insight and thought process? she's the best.....she's blessed....God blessed us with her presence and brought her into our lives that we may understand true courage, true strength, true perseverance.

God blessed me with 2 beautiful little girls.

love your children with all your heart and be thankful for their presence in your lives.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

the wife and I have been blessed with 2 terrific little girls. the 8 yo is sharp as a tack, gets awesome grades, is loving, caring and cannot be outdone by anyone.

let me tell you about the 6 yo. she was born a preemie...weighed 1 lb 10 oz at birth. the OB delivered her and put her in my hand (yes just 1....my baby fit in the palm of my right hand)......made it through 13 weeks in NICU....hooked upto all kinds of medical equipment and IV lines....survived pneumonia while on the ventilator and countless needle stick. now in 1st grade....kinda small (weighs 30 lbs) and looks fragile but has a mean right hook if you cross her and runs everywhere (inside the house and out)......was recently diagnosed with an abdominal mass.....getting ready for surgery....she is the strongest person I have ever met.....physically and mentally. yes she has told me she's tired of all the tests at Childrens Hosp.....but goes through with them anyways. yes she gets tired during the day but she's right back at it once she has her power nap in the afternoon. yes she's tired of all the medicine she's had to take but takes them anyways. and she's even told me and the wife that she's sorry she's caused so much trouble for us because of her health.....what do you tell a 6 yo who has that kind of insight and thought process? she's the best.....she's blessed....God blessed us with her presence and brought her into our lives that we may understand true courage, true strength, true perseverance.

God blessed me with 2 beautiful little girls.

love your children with all your heart and be thankful for their presence in your lives.
Praying for your little girl!! She sounds like a little fighter so whatever maybe in her belly won't stand a chance! :) What do you tell her? Just constantly remind her that she is a Blessing and perfect as she is! Blessings to all of you!

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al

Here's my update for the kids. My oldest,33 years, will be finishing up his PhD at the University of New Orleans this year, my middle son,30 years, is working on getting his own billing/coding business up and running and my youngest, 26 years, is in his third year of a 5 year PhD program at Cornell. I have always loved bragging about my boys. :smile:

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

Update here:

My oldest son and his wife blessed us with Kellan last Feb. 20th. Love the little man more than words can describe. I just melt when he reaches for me. T. is a trustee in our local church, refs soccer and substitute teaches.

D. spent 10 days in China late in the year. He just returned from Bufflao, N.Y. where he was recruiting some students for the Christian College he works for and had a chance to speak in a local church.

My kids are smart. Girl in the 8th all county band, A's in accelerated classes, Boy in 6th taking 7th grade courses all A's, boy first grade straight A's. Two girls not in school yet but they'll be the death of me. I'm always happy when people tell me how well behaved they are.

Like they have a choice. :) love them all!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This thread is full of win.

I'm very impressed with everyone who posted.

Much respect - keep up the great work!

Oh no human kids for me...but my furkids are very well behaved, FWIW. ;)

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)

Not sure how I missed this one, but here goes my brags:

exiled, jr. has a job that is awesome in the very truest meaning of the word. He has his Pharm. D. from Ole Miss & does chemotherapy/bone marrow transplant pharmacy in a research hospital. When he reports to work each day, he walks into the bone marrow transplant unit. Every patient there has hope for life that they didn't have before. Since he's been there (a couple of years), they've lost patients, which goes with the territory; but they've also sent a number home with no more cancer and with a new lease on liveThat is one vivid definition of "awesome!"

My wonderful, creative daughter is building up her book as a cosmetologist here in town at a pretty good salon. She's becoming pretty good at it, if I may say so. In terms of sheer horsepower, she's probably the smartest one of the four of us, but decided she didn't want to stay in college. Until January, she worked two jobs, meaning she worked 7 days a week, every week. Here's some pressure: her boyfriend's Mom & sister have switched from their own long-time stylists to my daughter. Thus, she cuts the hair of her probable future ma-in-law & sis-in-law! :)

Both of our chirruns are WAY smarter & more together than I was in my mid-20s. (OK, probably than I am now! ;) )

Signed,
Proud Dad

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I have a 17 year old daughter who is graduating this year and *GASP* is going to Auburn. I know this means I have failed miserably as a parent, but to see the look on her face when her letter finally came--yesterday--it made me realize that there is more to life than a football team, a rivalry, a mascot, trees, a quad--whatever. She started loving Auburn a couple of years after she started dating her boyfriend and I started the mourning then. I knew when she was in 9th grade that she wouldn't end up at Bama and it took 4 years to be ok with it. Anyway, she is happy and that is all that matters. She is beautiful, smart, sweet and to us perfect. She is very social and has the personality of a 2nd child--very "fly by the seat of her pants"--messy, disorganized but loyal and honest. We couldn't be more proud as parents.

My 11 year old is more like a first child. He is a neat freak, obsessed about his grades, likes everything to be perfect. He plays baseball, football and basketball. He is in the 6th grade so next year he will be eligible to play school sports. We are so excited! He plays on a travel baseball team out of Montgomery and we drive up there 2 days a week for practice and play just about every other weekend. He is caring and protective of his friends and cousins. Very responsible for a kid who is just 11. Even though he is very serious most of the time, he has the BEST personality. His friends love him and trust him.

We trust our kids and let them have input on every decision we make as a family. I think our serious but laid back parenting style has worked well for us. Both of our kids get compliments from teachers and other adults who they interact with. I think I am most proud of things like this. People talk about how hard it is to raise kids these days, but I disagree. It has been the biggest blessing and the most fun raising mine. :)
Maybe she'll at least fall in love with a Bama quarterback. Would that help a bit? :biggrin2:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Necropost!

Proud papa report. My middle child just started her second season of competitive academy soccer. She got close a few times this fall, but hadn't managed to bury one. She's a fullback so she doesn't get many chances unless she's shooting from distance. Last night, she finally got over that hump and cracked one home on a one timer from about 30 yards out. This morning she buried her second, also from distance. She's come a long way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.