Question: Clemson Defensive Linemen Breathing Oxygen on Bench

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
Did anyone else notice the Clemson defensive linemen breathing oxygen when not in the game, while the Bama defensive linemen did not appear (at least on TV) to be doing so? Do you think this was an administrative oversight by our staff? Or did I just miss something?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Did anyone else notice the Clemson defensive linemen breathing oxygen when not in the game, while the Bama defensive linemen did not appear (at least on TV) to be doing so? Do you think this was an administrative oversight by our staff? Or did I just miss something?
I didn't know Santa Clara had high humidity.....so I'm guessing they were breathing in whatever got the other guys suspended ;)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
our players use it all the time...unless you are Josh Jacobs and he doesn't need any

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Josh Jacobs could use to kill you, including the room itself.
Josh Jacobs can hit you so hard that he can actually alter your DNA. Decades from now your descendants will occasionally clutch their heads and yell "What The Hell was That?".

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bama had their DL on the ropes mid-way through the second quarter - the running game was essentially hammering them with body blows - then the play calling got 'cute' with silly misdirections and unnecessary pass plays and the offense faltered, which allowed them to make it to half time / recovery.

A lot of things had to go differently for Bama to win that game, but the offensive play-calling was some of the most head-scratching I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Bama had their DL on the ropes mid-way through the second quarter - the running game was essentially hammering them with body blows - then the play calling got 'cute' with silly misdirections and unnecessary pass plays and the offense faltered, which allowed them to make it to half time / recovery.

A lot of things had to go differently for Bama to win that game, but the offensive play-calling was some of the most head-scratching I've ever seen.
I feel like we panicked a little given the fact that our defense was making mistakes and not stopping them.

Last edited by a moderator:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I feel like we panicked a little given the fact that our defense was making mistakes and not stopping them.
If we just stuck to our knitting, we would of been fine! As someone said, their defense was on the ropes, the plays run differential was taking a toll. Down 14-13 with the ball first and goal at the 2 and kicking a field goal, next series throwing the long interception really changed the game. Otherwise it would have been like all most of the other Bama / Clemson games 44- 41 or or 37-34. Something like that.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I still think we might of had a Jalen type problem with our coordinators/coaching staff. Good enough, with the talent around them, to get us there but just not good enough to finish.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I still think we might of had a Jalen type problem with our coordinators/coaching staff. Good enough, with the talent around them, to get us there but just not good enough to finish.
Believe the bigger issue was the distraction of jobs. It's just too difficult for a coach to do both well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.