Question: Info about Clay Travis

NashTIDE

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2002
Hermitage, Tennessee, United States
Clay Travis is on a daily radio show here in Nashville. I sometimes listen to this show....last week he went nuts IMO and called all Bama fans dumb. His commentary got me pretty peeved and I thought about calling in but decided to let it go due to my belief he is an idiot and would only get my BP up for nothing. My question is this.....I remember his name on a thread in this forum a while back and that he had also riled up some folks on here....what was that all about??

RKel32

All-SEC
Nov 17, 2004
Madison, AL
Clay Travis is on a daily radio show here in Nashville. I sometimes listen to this show....last week he went nuts IMO and called all Bama fans dumb. His commentary got me pretty peeved and I thought about calling in but decided to let it go due to my belief he is an idiot and would only get my BP up for nothing. My question is this.....I remember his name on a thread in this forum a while back and that he had also riled up some folks on here....what was that all about??
He is the definition of a shock jock pot stirrer. Not a lot of substance to most of his articles and analysis, but he tries to make his name slamming Alabama and stirring up conspiracies. He is a Vandy grad and a Tennessee fan. I think the thought of most Bama fans at this point is that it's better to ignore him and not give clicks to his articles. He thrives off of the back and forth and trying to make himself seem more intelligent through bickering... clearly a sign of a lack of thereof.

He's the same guy who asked Tebow about his virginity at media days if that gives you any indication of his sterling credentials.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
you need to know nothing about him other than he's a Ut fan, and total jerk, I'd use other words but they aren't allowed on this board. he's a narcissist, wrote a book one time that he claims was "popular in England" but didnt sell in the states, so i imagine he had a really hot girlfriend when he was in high school but she lived in Canada. He owns his own website and resorts to the lowest of the low to attract readership. He lacks the basic journalism ethics that even a guy like Finebaum has. He's all the scum of strip mall lawyer combined with the lack of class of a shock jock, mixed in with the general loser tendencies of a vols fan.

He has a weekly spot on the roundtable because Lance Taylor is his boyfriend. When they call him out on his crap, he always finds a way to crawfish out of it by splitting hairs, lying or just being the coward that he is. Otherwise it'd be nice to hear Dunaway or Brown make him pay for making accusations and writing articles after doing no fact checking what so ever, but since he will never admit that he was wrong then its a waist of local radio space.

If you hear him coming on the radio anywhere change the station, you'll get nothing but lies and a headache.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
I'm well-aware that the overwhelming majority of our fan-base dislikes him (and that's being kind). I rarely agree with him, and maybe it's just me, but I get a kick out of some of the stuff he says. Like in August he predicted that it would be a "USC(Southern Cal) Vs. USC(South Carolina) National Title," "Tyler Bray is a sure-fire 1st round pick," "Tennessee would beat UF (this past September) 45-10," etc.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If Clay Travis had twice the intelligence he actually possesses, he'd fit in at Auburn quite well.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
you need to know nothing about him other than he's a Ut fan, and total jerk, I'd use other words but they aren't allowed on this board. he's a narcissist, wrote a book one time that he claims was "popular in England" but didnt sell in the states, so i imagine he had a really hot girlfriend when he was in high school but she lived in Canada. He owns his own website and resorts to the lowest of the low to attract readership. He lacks the basic journalism ethics that even a guy like Finebaum has. He's all the scum of strip mall lawyer combined with the lack of class of a shock jock, mixed in with the general loser tendencies of a vols fan.

He has a weekly spot on the roundtable because Lance Taylor is his boyfriend. When they call him out on his crap, he always finds a way to crawfish out of it by splitting hairs, lying or just being the coward that he is. Otherwise it'd be nice to hear Dunaway or Brown make him pay for making accusations and writing articles after doing no fact checking what so ever, but since he will never admit that he was wrong then its a waist of local radio space.

If you hear him coming on the radio anywhere change the station, you'll get nothing but lies and a headache.
I live in Canada, Poke, and I actually know her.

She lives right next door to Teo's girlfriend... :smile:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
He's a pot-stirrer who actually has interesting thoughts at times. But he's so busy trying to be the class-clown that his half-way decent stuff gets lost in the shuffle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He's a pot-stirrer who actually has interesting thoughts at times. But he's so busy trying to be the class-clown that his half-way decent stuff gets lost in the shuffle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not defending Travis at all because I can't stand him. However, AJ nails it. Travis has some good ideas but worries too much about being funny.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Not defending Travis at all because I can't stand him. However, AJ nails it. Travis has some good ideas but worries too much about being funny.
I will go a step further. I think Clay is a very intelligent and smart person whose main goal in life is to get attention. He has done that very well. For his age, he is one of the most well-known sports talk show hosts in the Southeast.
He is intelligent, but not very wise.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I must have been in a daze this morning when I heard Danny Ainge's show calling us cheaters & the 4 just the tip of the iceberg because we hide the rest.

These people are just sick, I will not knowingly click CT link, and they should come with a warning when posted here.

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN
Never heard of Clay Travis until I read this thread. Did 5 minutes of research and found an interview in which he said before the title game that Notre Dame would have been 7th best in the SEC (after the game he admitted he had them a little overrated). He also said Coach Saban was probably the best college football coach of all time. He said it is totally stupid that there was ever even a story about what Musberger said about AJ's girl, as in, since when is it offensive to say someone is beautiful!?!?!? He went on to say AJ shouldn't even have a girlfriend right now and should be trying to get all the college booty he can while he is there.

So, maybe he is a douche-bag, but it's not like he don't know what's going on. Just saying...

:)

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I won't open any links to his site. He's basically is a flame thrower. No reason to take him as a serious journalist.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Never heard of Clay Travis until I read this thread. Did 5 minutes of research and found an interview in which he said before the title game that Notre Dame would have been 7th best in the SEC (after the game he admitted he had them a little overrated). He also said Coach Saban was probably the best college football coach of all time. He said it is totally stupid that there was ever even a story about what Musberger said about AJ's girl, as in, since when is it offensive to say someone is beautiful!?!?!? He went on to say AJ shouldn't even have a girlfriend right now and should be trying to get all the college booty he can while he is there.

So, maybe he is a douche-bag, but it's not like he don't know what's going on. Just saying...

:)
maybe you should read about how he had proof that Gruden accepted the UT job, or when he had "proof" that Julio Jones was getting free suits from Ttown Menswear, or when he asked Tim Tebow if he was a virgin at SEC media days in order to get his name out there, or when he promised UA fans that Lane Kiffin was a better coach than Saban.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.