Official TideFans meet-up plans for L8U @ Alabama (Sat, Nov 9th)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
THIS IS THE ONLY THREAD TO FOLLOW FOR THE TIDEFANS MEETUP.

Instructions will be posted over the next two weeks for the event and any additional pertinent information.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY TO ATTEND!
If you want to pitch in money or items, that's fine. But please don't think that it's a requirement to pay to come hang out with a bunch of good Tidefans or to eat with us.

DATE: 9 NOVEMBER, LSU vs ALABAMA
LOCATION: Tent 6A located in Presidential Park (see this hyperlink and this one too)

START TIME: 0730 is the earliest you can show to our spot. Last year we showed at this time with no issue. We also used this time to drop off items to the tent. The "official time" to start dropping off items is 0800, but again, last year we did it at 0730. Understand that several hours before kickoff roads start getting closed, and before that you're going to be dealing with nasty traffic in the area. The recommendation is the earlier, the better.

END TIME: Power, TV, tent, etc are available for 1.5 hours after the final whistle of our game. Last year many of us came back and enjoyed some football and dinner at the tent. No reason not to do the same thing again this year. Also, that time REALLY helped with the dissipation of traffic.

FOOD PROVIDED (will be delivered at 1030, so it should be set up by 1100):
Full Moon BBQ
  • Smoked Chicken Wings [50 pcs with white sauce]
  • Riblets [50 pcs hickory smoked bite-size ribs in bbq sauce]
  • Pulled Chicken or Smoked Turkey [8 lbs]
  • Hickory Smoked Pork [8 lbs]
  • (Served with chow chow, pickles, and BBQ sauce)
Chick-fil-a
  • 125 nuggets (with Chick-fil-a sauce and polynesian)
MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS PROVIDED:
  • Paper plates
  • Forks, spoons, knives
  • Sterno and chafing trays (six total)
  • Serving utensils
FOODS NEEDED:
  • Buns
  • Baked beans
  • Potato Salads
  • Desserts
  • Drinks are BYOB (to include soda, spirits, etc)
  • Really whatever you'd like to bring
MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS NEEDED:
  • Extension cords/ power strips (for all you phone charge needing people)
  • Coolers
  • Ice
  • If you want to bring something, please let me know and I'll update this page.

IF YOU ARE BRINGING SOMETHING OR WANT TO DROP SOMEONE OFF DIRECTLY AT OUR LOCATION
you'll need a pass. I will post the pass that you'll need to print out and have in your car to actually drive up to the tent in Presidential Park. So if you have someone who can't walk around easily or you have a cooler etc just print off the pass and you drive right up to the tent. Remember though, the earlier the better. As time passes it's going to get busier in the area and I'm not sure what the rules are this year for when University BLVD is closed down for through traffic.

If you feel the need to donate to the cause, that's fine. You can either give it to Tattooguy21's wife (pictured here) or send it via Paypal (tlane808@yahoo.com). AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT.

If you're bored and want to know more about the rules of our event per the tailgating authorities, just click here.

PLEASE UPDATE THIS THREAD WITH THE NUMBERS WHO WILL BE ATTENDING AND IF YOU'RE BRINGING ANYTHING. And I'd prefer that you private message any questions, I will answer questions posted here.

Last edited by a moderator:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Ill be there, but it will be like last time in that Im only going to be there for an hour or so because the main reason Im down in T-town every week is to work. But Ill throw some cash TG's way.

I just need to know when the official picture is going to be

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you all again, and meeting many more.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
THIS IS THE ONLY THREAD TO FOLLOW FOR THE TIDEFANS MEETUP.

Thanks to Crimsonaudio for posting this. I was one of those affected by the site update yesterday making posting impossible.

Also, apologies for being a bit negligent in keeping everyone up to date with information regarding the event. I'm in my final week "over here" so my ability to post and update (via CA) will be greatly improved.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Paypal is live.

If you feel the need to donate to the cause, that's fine. You can either give it to Tattoguy21's wife (pictured here) or send it via Paypal (tlane808@yahoo.com). AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT.

Last edited by a moderator:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I usually just park at the high school but is there a better place closer to the tent? Thanks
I know parking is available on university row a block or two from the big quad I don't know if that gets you closer than the high school though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I usually just park at the high school but is there a better place closer to the tent? Thanks
That's where we always park and did so for the get-together last year. The tent is very close to the north side of the stadium, so it's not a long walk (assuming no physical / health issues).

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
If I don't see you, have fun. It's an early game and I want to go see my son first. I'm at the mercy of the group I will be with as to what time we arrive. If I do get there, I'll be wearing LSU gear this time because these pictures last forever on the internet. :wink:

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
IF YOU ARE BRINGING SOMETHING OR WANT TO DROP SOMEONE OFF DIRECTLY AT OUR LOCATION
. . . and I'm not sure what the rules are this year for when University BLVD is closed down for through traffic.
University Blvd. will be shut down NO LATER than 11:30am (3 hours prior to kick off), and could be even earlier. We were expecting a 5pm shutdown for UT, but it was at 2pm.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I deeply regret not being able to be there this year.

PLEASE do this next year and - Lord willing and the creek don't rise - I'll make it.

(I didn't know until a few weeks ago this year was out).

Love all y'all.

RTR

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I deeply regret not being able to be there this year.

PLEASE do this next year and - Lord willing and the creek don't rise - I'll make it.

(I didn't know until a few weeks ago this year was out).

Love all y'all.

RTR
Just plan for September 19th, 2020 :biggrin: (AKA Biggest game of Next year until its next year)

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Just plan for September 19th, 2020 :biggrin: (AKA Biggest game of Next year until its next year)
Good.....lord. While that does sound like it would be the best game to go to just know in advance that it will be a nightmare of hellish heat. Just nasty. Last years was in mid September (I think) and man was it nasty. A little bit of rain came through just long enough to make the humidity go crazy.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Good.....lord. While that does sound like it would be the best game to go to just know in advance that it will be a nightmare of hellish heat. Just nasty. Last years was in mid September (I think) and man was it nasty. A little bit of rain came through just long enough to make the humidity go crazy.
That was my exact thought, too.

(I'm planning on UGA - but things should resolve financially by May, too.

Besides - get this year done first. Sure to be a rousing success.

Thx for putting this together - seriously.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.