Justin Fields Leaving Georgia - also Luke Ford

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Putting your name in the NCAA transfer portal allowing other teams to recruit you, whether you are going to transfer or not, is total BS. If you decide to put your name in the transfer portal then you should immediately lose your eligibility at the school you are currently attending. Transferring without sitting out a year is also BS. I do not like what I see happening to college football.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Here is an FAQ about the transfer portal that may answer a few questions: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...putting-himself-in-ncaa-transfer-portal-means

A few relevant points:

Is there a timeline on transfers being in the portal? Can they stay as long as they want?

No, there is no timeline. So, players could hypothetically remain in the portal as long as they want. However, schools are able to reduce or cancel scholarships or financial aid for any current players in the portal at the end of the academic term. Also, if a player submits his name to the transfer portal during a break in the academic calendar (such as winter break or summer break), a school can immediately reduce or terminate financial aid or scholarships.

Can an athlete remove himself from the transfer portal? If so, are there consequences to removing yourself from the portal?

Yes, an athlete can remove himself or herself from the portal. However, once an athlete puts his or her name in the portal, their current school is not obligated to take them back if they decide not to transfer. It is up to the school to accept the athlete back on the team. If a player decided not to transfer after putting their name in the portal, their scholarship or financial aid could be pulled after the end of the academic term.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
My son showed me this earlier today. Looks like there may be several from the previous recruiting classes that are now abundantly aware of this.
I've heard lots of chatter about high school coaches being ticked at UGA's coaching staff...............I don't know the veracity of that chatter, but some of it has come from UGA fans

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.