Looking like the following for assistants...

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I closed the other thread, as it was about to be superfluous given movement on the assistant staff today:

Sal Sunseri, Kyle Flood and Freddie Roach (not so fast my friend) all appear to be joining the staff. Assuming Butch Jones is getting an on-field job, that would make him the new WR coach, and Steve Sarkisian would be the QB/OC coach.

Kyle Flood would coach OL. Not sure how Roach and Sunseri would divide their duties. Unless Craig Kuligowski moves on, Alabama will flip one of its assistant slots from offense to defense.

EDIT: The Roach hiring has yet to go through, and I'm going to pull that back for right now until I can re-confirm with the person that I talked to about it. I'm openly wondering right now whether Lake has to give a final yes/no first.

EDIT #2: Being reported out of Tennessee that Charles Kelly has an offer to join the staff.

EDIT #3: With Kelly taking the third spot, it's hard to see a spot for Roach/Lake opening up.

EDIT#4: With Charles Huff set to join the staff as RB coach, and with Butch Jones apparently having turned down Maryland to stay at UA in some capacity, it would appear Joe Pannunzio will move to an off-field role. Also, this move makes the possibility of Lance Taylor joining the staff somewhat slim. There is a maximum of one more hire to make, depending on how Alabama assigns its new defensive assistants. Alabama could move Pannunzio to tight ends and have Jeff Banks concentrate on special teams, or it could split the DL, LB and/or DB coaching into multiple positions.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I closed the other thread, as it was about to be superfluous given movement on the assistant staff today:

Sal Sunseri, Kyle Flood and Freddie Roach all appear to be joining the staff. Assuming Butch Jones is getting an on-field job, that would make him the new WR coach, and Steve Sarkisian would be the QB/OC coach.

Kyle Flood would coach OL. Not sure how Roach and Sunseri would divide their duties. Unless Craig Kuligowski moves on, Alabama will flip one of its assistant slots from offense to defense.
I just said the same thing about the 10th spot going to defense. I'm glad I saw this thread. So does that mean we've moved on from Lake?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Suttles says he’s been told any reports of Butch as an on the field coach is premature. Butch will be on staff, but it might not be on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Suttles says he’s been told any reports of Butch as an on the field coach is premature. Butch will be on staff, but it might not be on the field.

This has to be the most frustrating part of this. There has been so much misinformation out there.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Wow, hard to believe he would turn down Locks to come back and learn from the booth but I guess UT money is sweet no matter what.

BringLaneBack

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2019
and even more frustrating are all these tweets. Half the time I have no idea who these people are that are tweeting. Are these people that actually know something or is it just some random idiot with a twitter account?
No, this guy called the Flood and Sal hire before they happened.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Hate to tell you guys but I am getting excited about this crew. Really glad to have Freddie back and stoked to have an Alpha coaching our Alphas in the LB corps.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
No, this guy called the Flood and Sal hire before they happened.

Let me put this in a clear way... Dude has a reputation for stealing information from other people on different boards and try to pass it on as if it was his own source. Maybe the information he shares is usually on spot time to time, but it's how he handle this. Every time someone calls him out on twitter, he goes and deactivate and sometime change his twitter name.

BringLaneBack

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2019
Let me put this in a clear way... Dude has a reputation for stealing information from other people on different boards and try to pass it on as if it was his own source. Maybe the information he shares is usually on spot time to time, but it's how he handle this. Every time someone calls him out on twitter, he goes and deactivate and sometime change his twitter name.
My bad than. I didn’t know that.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
So position coaches (potentially) as of today are:
OFFENSE:
OC: Sark?
QB's: Sark?
RB's: Pannuzio?, Jones?
WR's: Jones?
TE's: Banks?
OL: Flood

DEFENSE:
DC: Golding?, Lake?
DL: Kool?, Roach?, Sunseri?
OLB: Sunseri, Roach?
ILB: Golding?
DB's: Scott

SPECIAL TEAMS:
S/T: Banks

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I wonder if we are gonna move the 10th position over to the defense and just have DC with no position group if Lake signs on?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.