2019 NFL Draft Process Thread

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The NFL is really sending mixed signals. Hell two weeks ago a player was caught on tape mugging someone and ended up getting an invitation to the Super Bowl. :)

I probably shouldn't say it and I know it's paranoid, but the guy in striped shirt just could, could, be looking at the biggest payday in his life. It's happened before...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I probably shouldn't say it and I know it's paranoid, but the guy in striped shirt just could, could, be looking at the biggest payday in his life. It's happened before...
There's a video from the corner showing him run up to the official behind the Saints WR, but the official motions for him to stop. You can imagine how the LSU... I mean Saints fans reacted to that.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There's a video from the corner showing him run up to the official behind the Saints WR, but the official motions for him to stop. You can imagine how the LSU... I mean Saints fans reacted to that.
I'm sure the NFL brass are aware of how the augments the public perception that athletic contests are rigged to benefit BIG money gambling. I believe that they will tweak the rules, reviews, whatever, to make sure something this flagrant doesn't happen again...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I will never understand why teams "lie" about height and weight of players. It is not like there is some weird rule that states they have to be a certain height and weight. Does it really matter?
I remember Alabama listed Jake Coker at the same height and weight as Ben Roethlisberger, and I said there is no way.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Matt Miller's Scouting Notebook: Who's New on the 2019 NFL Draft Big Board?

Alabama RB Josh Jacobs
It's unlikely a running back will be drafted in the top five picks this year, but Alabama's Josh Jacobs is worth it. Jacobs, who sits at No. 5 overall on my board, has a mixture of power and speed that should excite NFL general managers. He's a more powerful version of Alvin Kamara with limited wear and tear, only carrying the ball 120 times as a junior and 251 times total in college in the deep Alabama backfield.
5. Stock Down
Alabama's Deionte Thompson shot out of a cannon this season as a first-year starter who looked like the NFL's answer to the free safety position, but Thompson has since fallen down the board consistently. He struggled against Clemson in the national title game, showing a timid nature and slow instincts that weren't there early in the year. Whether he was dealing with an undisclosed injury or just struggling, Thompson didn't look right. There are also legitimate concerns about his body type and weight. He's very skinny throughout his body and was playing at an estimated 170 pounds this season. That won't cut it in the NFL.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'm sure the NFL brass are aware of how the augments the public perception that athletic contests are rigged to benefit BIG money gambling. I believe that they will tweak the rules, reviews, whatever, to make sure something this flagrant doesn't happen again...
If I heard correctly on the radio today the AAF pro league that Birmingham is playing in will have a review process in the last 5 minutes of each half that includes reviews for everything including non-calls like this one. This is something the NFL will watch closely and may incorporate.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Doesn't look like someone who should've foregone his senior season, does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The "Ledyard" analysis was a lot of what I saw this year so I would agree with you. The "Crabbs" analysis is better and is what some teams see with Mack's potential. I think he is a day 2 guy going in 2nd or 3rd round.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
They are also putting the replay official on screen and in some cases letting you hear the audio of them working through the video to make a call. It’s interesting but I could see it blowing up in someone’s face.

If I heard correctly on the radio today the AAF pro league that Birmingham is playing in will have a review process in the last 5 minutes of each half that includes reviews for everything including non-calls like this one. This is something the NFL will watch closely and may incorporate.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Tough break for JS. He’s a talent enough to maybe take earlier than some otherwise might if they have the picks. If I had multiple picks and needed massive help on the DL I’d take a flyer on him. Oakland has 27 & 35. Thinking of adding Q and JS would be a haul even though you’d be waiting a little bit. It’s a total rebuild for them so why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Nope. But I also don't think another year here would have helped him get better either.

He can Tweet like nobody's business though.....real good talker.
I think the projection on SS will be even harsher....no idea what led to his decision to declare early. Would have made more money developing another year. Maybe a lesson for younger players to learn from.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.