Landon Collins : $84MM deal

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Going to the Redskins, I wonder if this means anything for HaHa since he is a free agent. He’s a free safety, and Landon is a strong safety, but Wonder if the ‘skins will invest that much in the back end. They already have Josh Norman signed to a fairly big contract as well .

Good for Landon, one of the best safeties in the game over the last 4 years!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Going to the Redskins, I wonder if this means anything for HaHa since he is a free agent. He’s a free safety, and Landon is a strong safety, but Wonder if the ‘skins will invest that much in the back end. They already have Josh Norman signed to a fairly big contract as well .

Love it for Landon, glad to see him go to the Washington Crimson Tide, but man did Washington really overpay for a "box safety." Ouch.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It’s basically a 3 year $44M deal. Highly unlikely the Redskins pick up year 4, 5 or 6 at ~$12M per year. Still a good deal but like all these monster deals (except QB) it’s good for about half the length and dollars as reported. Happy that Landon got paid though..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This has to be one of largest total deals ever by a Bama player. Julio is in this neighborhood and about to go up. Who else?
CJ Mosley will likely get more than this in his upcoming FA deal. Basically the latest to sign will have the biggest deal since the cap continues to go up..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
CJ Mosley will likely get more than this in his upcoming FA deal. Basically the latest to sign will have the biggest deal since the cap continues to go up..
Looks like CJ is running out of options if he doesn’t want to stay in Baltimore. Cleveland is making a run at him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Love it for Landon, glad to see him go to the Washington Crimson Tide, but man did Washington really overpay for a "box safety." Ouch.
I agree that is overpaying but as long as Daniel Snyder owns the franchise, money is no object. It's his money so he can spend it like he wants, but that is a lot of money for a safety!
Good for Landon and his mom!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Mosley landed a huge deal. Kinda blows all other ILB deals out of the water. Wow. He's off to the Jets.

Apparently Redskins were in on him too.

Also, the Redskins deal isn't too bad for the Redskins. Like CrimsonForce said it's basically a 3year deal. Glad Landon made it here though because I think both sides really wanted this ever simce he was drafted.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

If we don't sign HaHa then we'll be drafting one. We came into this offseason needing 2 safeties. So, I wouldn't be surprised if we resign HaHa if we can get him for relatively cheap and on a team friendly deal. Plus Landon Collins cap hit is only $4million this year I think.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I swear I told myself once I heard he was leaving the Giants that he would end up in D.C. and sure enough there he goes. We have Washington grouping up almost a full "Bama All Star Defense" over there. It would be funny and neat to see them add others in the draft. If Foster ever pans out they could be pretty sick!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.