TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Tow-MAY-tow

Tow-MAH-tow

:D
You don't get much further apart than the tuber family and the morning glory family (yes, that's the family sweet potatoes are in)...

Edit: Regular white Irish potatoes and yams really are related. Neither is closely related to sweet potatoes...

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Biden already committed his first gaffe by claiming that Pence was a "decent guy" when he is actually a terrible person.

Joe's already backpedaling on this and the dude hasn't even announced yet. So, no.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Biden already committed his first gaffe by claiming that Pence was a "decent guy" when he is actually a terrible person.

Joe's already backpedaling on this and the dude hasn't even announced yet. So, no.
I think Biden was just trying to be polite or trying to make a larger point. People read way too much into things.

And compared to his boss, Pence is a saint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I think Biden was just trying to be polite or trying to make a larger point. People read way too much into things.

And compared to his boss, Pence is a saint.
I don't disagree with you here. I'm sure Biden has called a a thousand people "decent" over the course of his 50 year public service. But it's not the 1970s anymore, and you're not going to win the Democratic primary by saying nice things about the guy who wants to electrocute the gay out of people.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't disagree with you here. I'm sure Biden has called a a thousand people "decent" over the course of his 50 year public service. But it's not the 1970s anymore, and you're not going to win the Democratic primary by saying nice things about the guy who wants to electrocute the gay out of people.
While Pence is most assuredly not a "nice" guy, it does pale beside some of the accolades Trump has laid on some of the world's worst tyrants. I'm old and have a long memory and I remember the pre-rehab Biden who was capable of some of the worst gaffes possible - "Did he really say that?" I've been watching to see if it comes back out again. I just don't think this one is it...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...st-partys-liberal-surge/ar-BBUgNNC?li=BBnb7Kz

It is my opinion that AOC and the progressive wing is going to cost the Dems the WH in 2020. I think we all pretty much agree that Trump will hold on to his 30%-35% base. In the latest Gallup Poll, Dems held a 31% base leaving 34%, some say as high as 42% of voters, as Independents. If most of these Independents have a centrist lean then they are more likely to vote for Trump rather than a candidate who is controlled by a progressive leaning Dem party. I have said before that America is not ready to move the country to the left, and not given a centrist choice will cast its ballot for the more right leaning candidate. This is why I do not believe Sanders can win. This is strictly my opinion.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...st-partys-liberal-surge/ar-BBUgNNC?li=BBnb7Kz

It is my opinion that AOC and the progressive wing is going to cost the Dems the WH in 2020. I think we all pretty much agree that Trump will hold on to his 30%-35% base. In the latest Gallup Poll, Dems held a 31% base leaving 34%, some say as high as 42% of voters, as Independents. If most of these Independents have a centrist lean then they are more likely to vote for Trump rather than a candidate who is controlled by a progressive leaning Dem party. I have said before that America is not ready to move the country to the left, and not given a centrist choice will cast its ballot for the more right leaning candidate. This is why I do not believe Sanders can win. This is strictly my opinion.
wow, aoc just has everyone in a tizzy.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

We disagree. I give independents much more credit for having more moral fiber than you do.
Most Americans support Medicare for All - if/when the Dems present the reality that it won’t cost Americans more than what they’re paying for insurance premiums now (it won’t), and there will be neither any change in care nor any additional costs (such as copays, deductibles, prescriptions) - again, there are none - this will be the issue that defines the election.
There is NO WAY to reign in insurance costs and out of pocket expenses any other way - there’s just not. If there was it would have already brought into the public realm for debate. Many of us still remember the days before there was healthcare insurance.
The same people who elected Obama will elect whoever the Dems nominate.
It will not be Bernie - it’s not going to happen, as much as I wish it would. DNC is still corrupt. As a matter of fact, I firmly believe it will be a brokered convention. I’m not convinced Dem primary voters will give any candidate the delegates they need to win outright (even if the DNC starts playing Geppetto) - too many similarities between all the candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Good post, but as you said we can respectfully disagree. You obviously have more confidence in non affiliated voters than I do. I pretty much agree with everything else you said. I just do not trust the American electorate to do the right thing and get rid of the scourge in the WH.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
link

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) on Saturday rebutted former Vice President Joe Biden’s claim during a recent speech that Vice President Mike Pence is “a decent guy“.

“I’m sorry. I followed Pence’s history on LGBTQ Americans, and I don’t think that is a decent position,” Warren told a reporter who asked about Biden’s comment, per Iowa Starting Line. “I disagree.”

“You don’t think the Vice President is a decent man?” the reporter asked.

“No,” Warren responded.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
That might have been true in the last election, but I'm not sure it's work next time. Trump may or not be a centrist--he's defined by his moral and ethical bankruptcy more than his ideology--the GOP remains in thrall to the far right.

It's OK for the Democrats to move to the left a bit--they need to establish a clearer sense of purpose and direction, and to differentiate themselves from the corporatist leanings of Hillary and Obama. It's fine if AOC stakes out the extreme left wing of the party. The trick will be for the disparate sides to come to an agreement on a shared platform instead of disemboweling themselves with infighting.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
While Pence is most assuredly not a "nice" guy, it does pale beside some of the accolades Trump has laid on some of the world's worst tyrants. I'm old and have a long memory and I remember the pre-rehab Biden who was capable of some of the worst gaffes possible - "Did he really say that?" I've been watching to see if it comes back out again. I just don't think this one is it...
I don't mean to oversell it -- this is of course minor in the grand scheme, and I know the point he was trying to make -- but I think it's a bad look for someone who's dipping his toe in the water to accidentally slip and fall into the pool with his shirt on. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence. The fact that his campaign immediately backpedaled means that at least they consider it to be a gaffe.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Under pressure of the campaign, we'll soon see if he still has "hoof in mouth" disease, if this is the first of many or isolated...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Under pressure of the campaign, we'll soon see if he still has "hoof in mouth" disease, if this is the first of many or isolated...
We'll see. But he has a history of making boneheaded comments like this, which seem pretty out of touch with the demographic majority of his party:

Millennials who think that times are tough in 2018 have no room to complain, according to former Vice President Joe Biden, who said that he had “no empathy” for young people who compared today to the struggles of the 1960s.

“The younger generation now tells me how tough things are—give me a break,” said Biden, while speaking to Patt Morrison of the Los Angeles Times to promote his new book. “No, no, I have no empathy for it, give me a break.”

Biden compared the complaints of millennials to what he experienced growing up in the 1960s and '70s, mentioning the civil rights and women’s liberation movements that were gaining traction simultaneously with the Vietnam War, making the United States a troubling place for young activists at the time.
LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.