What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Tonight, some Craig Fuller and Eric Kaz............on cassette. Had it taped by friend back in the eighties (Buckingham Nicks on the B side) and haven't found a replacement yet.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Tonight, some Craig Fuller and Eric Kaz............on cassette. Had it taped by friend back in the eighties (Buckingham Nicks on the B side) and haven't found a replacement yet.
Buckingham Nicks was a great album. Mick Fleetwood wanted Lindsay Buckingham but Lindsay said he and Stevie were a package deal. A couple of songs off that album rolled over onto the first album they did with Fleetwood Mac.

Trivial Question: what does Fleetwood Mac mean?

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
Buckingham Nicks was a great album. Mick Fleetwood wanted Lindsay Buckingham but Lindsay said he and Stevie were a package deal. A couple of songs off that album rolled over onto the first album they did with Fleetwood Mac.

The band was named after Mick Fleetwood and the sought after John McVie as a way to get him in to the band. It also was a instrumental song.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)

I thought it was a blend of names: Mick Fleetwod & the McVies. But my age-addled mind also recalls that FM existed before they were all together didn't they? Short answer: I don't know any more. (This seems to be becoming my life motto...;))

I do agree that BN was a great album. On a semi-related note, I saw Stevie (solo) @ Bama in the early 80s. Very good show; she had a killer band backing her! Waddy Wachtel, Wizard from Mother's Finest on bass, Liberty Devito (sp?) from Billy Joel's band on drums...much fun.

To end my own hijack, it's Monday metal this morning: Blind Guardian & Nightwish. Good to get the ol' dude moving forward...

exiled

I

It's On A Slab

I was obsessed last night with getting the ultimate 60s and 70s R&B playlist loaded on my iPod.

By 11PM, i had run the gamut from the Temptations, Supremes, Four Tops, Spinners, O'Jays, Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield, Gladys Knight & The Pips, The Staples, Singers, James Brown, the Delfonics. the Stylistics, Otis Redding, Sam and Dave, Sam Cooke, Booker T, The Bar-Kays, The Dramatics and even the one-hit wonders like Steam's "Nana Hey Hey".

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
It really is a terrific album that's gone mostly unnoticed. I always thought it was ironic that Stevie came into Fleetwood Mac as a tag along and wound up becoming the biggest name in the band. I also think Lindsey Buckingham is a very underrated guitarist.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
It really is a terrific album that's gone mostly unnoticed. I always thought it was ironic that Stevie came into Fleetwood Mac as a tag along and wound up becoming the biggest name in the band. I also think Lindsey Buckingham is a very underrated guitarist.
After Rumors, Stevie was my favorite in the band. Over the last 10 years, Christine with her wonderful voice and lovely style has become my overall favorite of the band. I love her songwriting, musical style and voice. As one friend of mine put it, she would be the ideal person to have over for tea.:)

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Is there anyone else on this board who remembers hearing Buckingham Nicks at Morgan Auditorium? Yep. I was there . .

Waddy Wachtel was in THAT touring band, too.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Is there anyone else on this board who remembers hearing Buckingham Nicks at Morgan Auditorium? Yep. I was there . .

Waddy Wachtel also played on Warren Zevon's first album what a great guitarist. Another guy who will blow your socks off is Billy Idol's guitarist Steve Stevens

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqGB4nQIAcQ]YouTube - Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) guitar lesson & interview[/ame]

I

It's On A Slab

I remember it used to be any time Jackson Browne, Zevon, Stevie Nicks ever performed live, you'd see that squirrelly guy with the wild hair and wire-rim glasses in the backup band.

I guess he's one of the more prolific session guitarists of that era.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Today I'm on

John Frusciante - Shadows Collide with People
Panic at the Disco - Pretty. Odd.
Yellowcard - Lights and Sounds
Coldplay - Prospekt's March

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
Tonight Im listening to 64 XM.. Old motown sad songs..My girl I was engaged to for 1 year broke it off. Im just trying to make sense out of it. Being 47 I have had a great life, some how it seem to be in park now...I wish it was football season!:conf2:

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Tonight Im listening to 64 XM.. Old motown sad songs..My girl I was engaged to for 1 year broke it off. Im just trying to make sense out of it. Being 47 I have had a great life, some how it seem to be in park now...I wish it was football season!:conf2:
Dude this could be the most fun time of your life. Middle Age Crazy is really a gassss. I can remember being 45 driving a BMW with sunroof and picking up a 24 year old girlfriend. The key is to look happy, smile at everyone, talk to everyone, act like you havent got a worry in the world. Become independent who knows your old GF might come back or you might fine one better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.