Thread where you post pictures of your pet(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
For those trying to upload a pic...if you have a Facebook page you can upload to that first....and then copy that image information to the photo icon at the top of your post.

There are also other photo hosting sites such as photo bucket.

HTH!

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
For those trying to upload a pic...if you have a Facebook page you can upload to that first....and then copy that image information to the photo icon at the top of your post.

There are also other photo hosting sites such as photo bucket.

HTH!
I'd be careful with that. It can either reveal your identity, or not be available to people not in your friends list.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I'd be careful with that. It can either reveal your identity, or not be available to people not in your friends list.

You're thinking of a "link". I was not.

Once a photo is published to the Internet - it has an official URL - usually ending with a jpeg file extension. That URL is what you insert into the photo window while posting here.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Here's my guys Frasier (black) and Niles (white). They were the last two left in a litter and Frasier is the protector of Niles who was the runt of the litter.

And here's my girl OB. Two years ago next week she adopted us.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
You're thinking of a "link". I was not.

Once a photo is published to the Internet - it has an official URL - usually ending with a jpeg file extension. That URL is what you insert into the photo window while posting here.
I'm talking specifically about using Facebook.

Edit: and that's part of "being careful" that I was referring to.

Link: Link

Image:

Last edited:

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
Well...I right-clicked on the photo I chose in photobucket, and did a "copy image address", then opened a "reply" post here in this TF thread, and did a "ctrl v" past in the URL box...all I get is that little postage stamp thingy...?

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
It could be a temporary image, or require some security. The URL on the previous page gives a 404 error, so it's no good for some reason.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Well...I right-clicked on the photo I chose in photobucket, and did a "copy image address", then opened a "reply" post here in this TF thread, and did a "ctrl v" past in the URL box...all I get is that little postage stamp thingy...?
Right click on image - then choose and right click on "view image info" from the menu. That opens a new window with your image URL highlighted. Copy that.

Then open a post here, click on the image icon*, and paste that url into the window.

*The image icon is at the top - middle row, 6th over from the right side - looks like a picture frame.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Right click on image - then choose and right click on "view image info" from the menu. That opens a new window with your image URL highlighted. Copy that.

Then open a post here, click on the image icon*, and paste that url into the window.

*The image icon is at the top - middle row, 6th over from the right side - looks like a picture frame.
I would also suggest pasting it into a new browser window to test whether it works on its own. If it doesn't, then it also won't work in a web forum IMG

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
try using the image box in the header or put it in like this {IMG} insert here {/IMG} , but use standard brackets [] instead of what i used

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

First of all, thanks to all for the help...

In Chrome, I don't get a "view image info" selection, so I opened photobucket in Firefox...I was able to copy the URL, but when I pasted it to a separate tab, it displayed the whols photobucket page, not just the pic...? I did the "insert image" icon in the TF post, and the pic showed up, but when I right click on the pic and select "open image in new tab, again, the whole page displays...?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
First of all, thanks to all for the help...

In Chrome, I don't get a "view image info" selection, so I opened photobucket in Firefox...I was able to copy the URL, but when I pasted it to a separate tab, it displayed the whols photobucket page, not just the pic...? I did the "insert image" icon in the TF post, and the pic showed up, but when I right click on the pic and select "open image in new tab, again, the whole page displays...?
In Chrome, you should see either "open image in new tab" or "copy image address."

If you open in new tab, copy and paste that URL.

If you copy image address, just go to the "insert picture" icon for a post and insert the URL.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
The pic displays in the post, but when I test it by right clicking on the image in the TF post and select "open image in new tab", my whole photbucket page is displayed in the new tab--shouldn't it only show the pic? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.