Can Clemson Get as many as 10 - 5* Recruits?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Right now they have 6 - 5* recruits....

They seem to be in the lead for Burch and Flowe -- which would give them 8.....

Could they reach the unthinkable and hit 10 or more?

I just don't get it.....but -- it's impressive nonetheless....

(heavy sigh!)
I don't think they will get 10. They got 3-4 5* commits early on and those guys have done a good job of recruiting other 5*'s telling them they are going to have the best recruiting class ever. Bama has done it before with several of our classes. We will be right behind them and have had better classes than them over the past 5 years so it seems we will be seeing a lot more of Clemson in the future.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Still awhile till signing day........ lots of things can happen. I had read somewhere that Bama was still in the mix for Flowe and Burch, so I wouldn’t count them out........

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
This recruiting cycle is down by our standards, still a great class at #2 at this point, just the top recruits don’t have Bama in their final preferences. I think it goes back to the well documented staff turnover and late with some of the relationships with the top kids. That said, the hay isn’t in the barn yet so things may change and kids may flip so we will see.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This recruiting cycle is down by our standards, still a great class at #2 at this point, just the top recruits don’t have Bama in their final preferences. I think it goes back to the well documented staff turnover and late with some of the relationships with the top kids. That said, the hay isn’t in the barn yet so things may change and kids may flip so we will see.
We wouldn`t know how to act if we were able to keep a staff intact for 3 years.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Right now they have 6 - 5* recruits....

They seem to be in the lead for Burch and Flowe -- which would give them 8.....

Could they reach the unthinkable and hit 10 or more?

I just don't get it.....but -- it's impressive nonetheless....

(heavy sigh!)
It's this reason that Dabo has to be considered whenever CNS finally hangs it up.

I know some people just can't stand the thoughts of him at Bama but the reason Clemson has been so good the last few years is they get top talent (just like us) and he's proven he knows how to coach.

Unless there's another top coach who has proven he can do both of these and translate that into NCs like Dabo, he deserves the first call IMO.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's this reason that Dabo has to be considered whenever CNS finally hangs it up.

I know some people just can't stand the thoughts of him at Bama but the reason Clemson has been so good the last few years is they get top talent (just like us) and he's proven he knows how to coach.

Unless there's another top coach who has proven he can do both of these and translate that into NCs like Dabo, he deserves the first call IMO.
Unless his entire coaching staff is coming with him, you have no idea what you would be getting in Dabo.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Unless his entire coaching staff is coming with him, you have no idea what you would be getting in Dabo.
No idea??? Come on, really? There will always be uncertainty no matter who it is, but there's enough evidence at this point Dabo knows what he's doing. If he put on a Bama hat, I would only suppose his recruiting might even be better.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
A lot of his staff have Bama roots... :cool2: (They have an inside joke over there about being the "Clemson Tide".)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
BIG...wouldn’t this be the case with any coach, using this logic?
Good question. The question is, why go after Dabo? The answer - because he has proven to be a championship caliber head coach, who is able to sustain that level of competition at Clemson. Seems simple, and pretty hard to argue the point. But my point is different - should we assume that he would be able to replicate what he has done at Clemson somewhere else?

Only 2 coaches in the history of the sport have been able to win even one championship at two separate schools - Saban and Meyer - and there have been many championship coaches who left for other programs. Why are Saban and Meyer different? Because their entire program is about what they do. They are not dependent on specific coaches or coordinators to win. They are innovative and are able to win in different ways, using the tools at their disposal. They can take their program anywhere with sufficient resources and win championships.

Why would anyone assume that Dabo will be able to pack up his show and win championships at Alabama or anywhere else? Is it all about what he is doing, or is it about the collection of parts that he has assembled at Clemson, none of whom has left Clemson since his first CFP team - NONE.

Note - I am not saying that we know one way or the other. In fact, I am saying the opposite. We have no idea, and can't know, so shouldn't assume. So, my statement: Unless his entire staff is coming with him, you have no idea what you would be getting in Dabo. You might be getting the next Saban/Meyer, or you might be getting the next Erickson.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Good question. The question is, why go after Dabo? The answer - because he has proven to be a championship caliber head coach, who is able to sustain that level of competition at Clemson. Seems simple, and pretty hard to argue the point. But my point is different - should we assume that he would be able to replicate what he has done at Clemson somewhere else?

Only 2 coaches in the history of the sport have been able to win even one championship at two separate schools - Saban and Meyer - and there have been many championship coaches who left for other programs. Why are Saban and Meyer different? Because their entire program is about what they do. They are not dependent on specific coaches or coordinators to win. They are innovative and are able to win in different ways, using the tools at their disposal. They can take their program anywhere with sufficient resources and win championships.

Why would anyone assume that Dabo will be able to pack up his show and win championships at Alabama or anywhere else? Is it all about what he is doing, or is it about the collection of parts that he has assembled at Clemson, none of whom has left Clemson since his first CFP team - NONE.

Note - I am not saying that we know one way or the other. In fact, I am saying the opposite. We have no idea, and can't know, so shouldn't assume. So, my statement: Unless his entire staff is coming with him, you have no idea what you would be getting in Dabo. You might be getting the next Saban/Meyer, or you might be getting the next Erickson.
Well, give credit where credit is due. He has taken them to the next level and is sustaining it... :cool2:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
The challenge of Winning a NC at another school, and especially his alma mater would be another reason he may leave Clemson for Alabama. I wouldn’t like it, but I would accept him as the coach. They don’t ask my input on a search committee, never have. So I guess my opinion really doesn’t matter. I don’t think he would follow Nick after he retires, following a legend and all. But seeing the Success at schools like OSU and OU after great coaches leave means he may?
I never really considered Dabo a great recruiter, maybe a good one, he always seemed to be up and down in recruiting , in the 5 to 15 range, or maybe I’m wrong. This will be by far his best class

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I just read on another message board I was browsing that LSU is hosting Jordon Burch tomorrow. They are also after DJ Ugaliele .

I know LSU has always been great at recruiting but something seems fishy with all the recruits wanting to visit them now and some choosing/flipping who you thought would stick to their commitments to other programs.

Signing day will be interesting in December.

Last edited:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I just read on another message board I was browsing that LSU is hosting both DJ Ugalelie and Jordan Burch tomorrow.

I know LSU has always been great at recruiting but something seems fishy with all the recruits wanting to visit them now and some choosing/flipping who you thought would stick to their commitments to other programs.

Signing day will be interesting in December.
A few rumors floating out there regarding Clemson

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.