Link: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
At least one Gator Player has my respect..Well done Darrin..Players like you make college football the greatest sport on the planet..Win or lose..Always represent your school with class & pride..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Having played in the MDB back in the day, I can't tell you how depressing it is to have to sit in the stand and play songs and such after a tough loss. You have to keep your bearing and fight through the desire to just walk out.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Having played in the MDB back in the day, I can't tell you how depressing it is to have to sit in the stand and play songs and such after a tough loss. You have to keep your bearing and fight through the desire to just walk out.
My old high school coach, win or lose, made us sing our Alma Mater when our band played it after every game..You're 100% correct..It was tough too do after a loss..But..I'm grateful now he taught us how to lose with dignity..Growing older you realize just how big of a life lesson it was he was teaching us..

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Wow... That's a guy who has it right. I tear up at sports stories (my weakness), and he showed more heart in that one moment then his team did all night... He needs to be commended...

JAXFLBAMAFAN

All-SEC
Nov 30, 1999
Jacksonville FL
My old high school coach, win or lose, made us sing our Alma Mater when our band played it after every game..You're 100% correct..It was tough too do after a loss..But..I'm grateful now he taught us how to lose with dignity..Growing older you realize just how big of a life lesson it was he was teaching us..

In the words of my Dad....Son, somebody's got to lose.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I don't know how hard it is to stay around after a loss like that - I was in the band in high school and we always played after the game was over. I don't even remember if any of the players from the team sang, win or lose.

I'm going to keep my respect for this guy but not pass judgement on the rest of the team. I can't begin to imagine what they were going through.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
Good on him.

Says quite a lot about him, but says even more about his teammates.
Chipper Jones was disgusted about the whole team's performance on twitter...I think he took some hits for his stance, but he said as a lifelong UF fan he was disappointed in the team's demeanor throughout the game. I think FL was on top for a while and now they are getting into the trenches...where is Tebow when you need him *grin*

Good for this young man, he at least felt (I suppose) that they were playing for something.

Chipper Jones was disgusted about the whole team's performance on twitter...I think he took some hits for his stance, but he said as a lifelong UF fan he was disappointed in the team's demeanor throughout the game. I think FL was on top for a while and now they are getting into the trenches...where is Tebow when you need him *grin*

Good for this young man, he at least felt (I suppose) that they were playing for something.
In the locker of the Jaguars...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks for this thread and the positive comments.

I am very proud of Darrin and very grateful for his demonstration of pride and respect for our team and program.

Darrin has played in most of our games this season and was a starter in the FSU game. He played in all our games last year. He is a Junior and hopefully will be one of the players who will be instrumental in providing the type of role model we need to turn around the culture at Florida.

I took a look yesterday at where we stand in the conference with penalties and we are at the top with Bama at the bottom. It's hard to believe we have not resolved this issue in our program by this time with Coach Muschamp finishing his second full season at head coach. Most of these penalties are not personal fouls but enough of them are that we need to do a complete 180 from where we are right now in terms of player attitude and culture.

Kudos to Coach Saban and the Bama program for once again setting the standard.

As a disciple of Coach Saban, I trust that Coach Muschamp is not happy with this negative aspect of our program and will work hard to turn things around next season. I look forward to that and hope my friends at Bama will bear with us as we head back in the right direction.

Florida does not want to be put into the thug category. It's not who we are. It's very embarrassing when we have players who don't get it - and as far as I am concerned they can just move on and we will be all the better for it.

We need more Darrin Kitchens. Thanks Darrin. In all kinds of weather....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Thanks for this thread and the positive comments.

I am very proud of Darrin and very grateful for his demonstration of pride and respect for our team and program.

Darrin has played in most of our games this season and was a starter in the FSU game. He played in all our games last year. He is a Junior and hopefully will be one of the players who will be instrumental in providing the type of role model we need to turn around the culture at Florida.

I took a look yesterday at where we stand in the conference with penalties and we are at the top with Bama at the bottom. It's hard to believe we have not resolved this issue in our program by this time with Coach Muschamp finishing his second full season at head coach. Most of these penalties are not personal fouls but enough of them are that we need to do a complete 180 from where we are right now in terms of player attitude and culture.

Kudos to Coach Saban and the Bama program for once again setting the standard.

As a disciple of Coach Saban, I trust that Coach Muschamp is not happy with this negative aspect of our program and will work hard to turn things around next season. I look forward to that and hope my friends at Bama will bear with us as we head back in the right direction.

Florida does not want to be put into the thug category. It's not who we are. It's very embarrassing when we have players who don't get it - and as far as I am concerned they can just move on and we will be all the better for it.

We need more Darrin Kitchens. Thanks Darrin. In all kinds of weather....
i hope muschamp has a good spring and summer this year. personally, i am much happier with florida and usc atop the east and jawjuh on the outside looking in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.