Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just heard on the radio about Auburn having the #11 recruiting class on 24/7 sports and how that bodes well for the Tigers. Problem is, Four of the teams on their schedule are #1, 2, 3 & 4 in recruiting and with Gus's record of malpractice :), I mean, uncoaching up, it would appear that is not going to bode well for Gus.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/
Last I looked, after the early signing period, on ITAT they were complaining that the ranking was deceptive and they were not meeting needs, OL in particular...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Last I looked, after the early signing period, on ITAT they were complaining that the ranking was deceptive and they were not meeting needs, OL in particular...
It is, or was, haven’t looked at the big picture, but individual recruiting battles, since early signing day.

We lack numbers but not quality. As it stands, we could fill out with low three stars and we’ll most likely still finish with a top 10 class.

And line recruiting is indeed worrisome. Doing fine on interior linemen, but missing badly on tackle targets.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Just heard on the radio about Auburn having the #11 recruiting class on 24/7 sports and how that bodes well for the Tigers. Problem is, Four of the teams on their schedule are #1, 2, 3 & 4 in recruiting and with Gus's record of malpractice :), I mean, uncoaching up, it would appear that is not going to bode well for Gus.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/
Hmmm.....................SEC has 11 in the top 25. UK and Mizzou not too far out..............Vandy (as always) pulling up the rear, at 49.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Prine Tega probably returning to school. That's huge and takes some of the sting off of missing recruits this year. He was far and away our best lineman down the stretch.
Did anyone from the army classic announce to auburn? Also, what's your QB situation?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Darius Slayton declares for NFL; the cupboard gets more bare
No issue with depth at receiver. We're stacked at the position.

Seth Williams, who had a great freshman campaign, will probably take over Slayton's role. Still have Schwartz, Matthew Hill, Sal Cannella, Shed Jackson, Kolbi Fuqua, presumably Pickens coming in, and Jashawn Sheffield and Ja'Varrius Johnson coming in.

Eli Stove and Will Hastings will be back this year after sitting out this one with injuries.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.