Game Thread: Super Regional Final: Alabama vs Texas (Winner punches ticket to OKC)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I’ll take a win over Texas in anything.

141 pitches is a lot. Great poise by Fouts. Texas hitters were more prepared for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
How bout a round of roll tides for everyone :BigA:.

Yall pull us through. I'm going to be out of country next week :pDT_Aliboronz_04: :frown:

RTR Take OKC!!!

Last edited:

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Luckily, Bevo's D let them down. With 2 outs!

Fouts had more BBs than Ks. Needs to be fixed.

RTR!

Time to relax.
You do realize she is a true freshman with the load of the whole season on her shoulders? I'd say she did pretty dang good seeing as how that is who UT likely prep'd for.

Great job Ladies. Take OKC by storm.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
A big win today, although both frustrating and aggravating at times. We need better two out at bats - especially when the bases are loaded. The pitching was good even though I felt the ump had a tight strike zone today. I still wonder about Cornell not throwing a single pitch in the entire series - odd for certain.

On to OKC, may as well go ahead and beat Oklahoma and let them fight through the loser's bracket.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
You do realize she is a true freshman with the load of the whole season on her shoulders?
Yes.

I'd say she did pretty dang good seeing as how that is who UT likely prep'd for.
Agreed.

Since I did not have the advantage of watching, it sounded like a lot of her pitches were low. Someone here suggested we were not pitching Cornell as Texas was really good at hitting the rise ball. If so, that also hurt her, as well. From what I heard, it didn't sound like she threw very many.

Still..........and even our radio guys agreed.................some things need to be fixed, and they will be. More BBs than Ks is not a good line.

Great job Ladies. Take OKC by storm.
Proud of our gals, but the teams we are going to face are not going to make a boatload of 2-out blunders. And we can not leave the bases juiced, with nothing across the plate, either.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Montana’s problems were mental. It could be a drunk umpire’s strike zone or just how the game turned on one swing the night before. But you could tell she wasn’t herself facing batters 3 thru 6.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Luckily, Bevo's D let them down. With 2 outs!

Fouts had more BBs than Ks. Needs to be fixed.

RTR!

Time to relax.
I think that umpire had more to do with that than anything. Montana is a corner throwing pitcher. Just look at that cinder block video. If you have an umpire not calling the corners, she is just not as effective. Of course, what pitcher would be when you have to bring it right over the plate. Montana has had the misfortune lately of getting a couple of umps like that. Hopefully, the umpires in OKC will be good and fair.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, we have punched the OKC ticket, and I hope we take Oklahoma down right off the bat. This team looks like it has a lot of good times ahead, even into next year. We have our top three pitchers returning, and only lose Merris Schroder, (LF), and Reagan Dykes, (C), off the starting line-up. I will really miss Reagan. I think she does a great job behind the plate.

Anyway, on to OKC. Let's take this all the to the end BAMA!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.