Is Clemson the most prolific Propaganda Machine ever?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: Is Clemson the most prolofic Propaganda Machine ever?

The only addition to Clemson's staff since the 2015 season is Todd Bates who joined the staff in 2017. Stability helps. Plus 4 of his assistants either coached or played for Alabama not including Swinney.
Coach Saban realized that his demanding schedule was, in part, responsible for losing some staff members that he 1) wasn’t expecting to lose and 2) didn’t want to lose. As such, he has made some adjustments in trying to improve work/life balance for his assistants in an effort to maintain some stability here.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Coach Saban realized that his demanding schedule was, in part, responsible for losing some staff members that he 1) wasn’t expecting to lose and 2) didn’t want to lose. As such, he has made some adjustments in trying to improve work/life balance for his assistants in an effort to maintain some stability here.
He's adept at changing when necessary...………...I think this staff sticks and does well

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Bama was better than UGA in '17 and dominated the 2nd half. Only Bama's QB issues made it close. They should have won in regulation. In '18 Bama was fortunate with Jalen getting a wonderful redemption. UGA is a load primarily because of Pittman - he is going to cause problems as long as he is there. Other than that Bama has most of the advantages.

Clemson is a problem. Dabo is a top coach (the "never-Dabo's" are fascinating). But they are hardly invincible. Bama dominated them the year before and the score of last year's game was misleading in some respects (Bama got 16 pts from ~450 yards, outgained by ~40). But the final score was jarring - it had never happened before in 12 years. The worst of 6 losses in 07 was by 7 points vs 5 ranked teams, including LSU and UGA who finished 1 and 2. CNS had been blasted occasionally at every other stop, but never at Bama.

Last year there was concern that both coordinators would be a problem (as someone pointed out Pruitt was a tremendous loss). Neither would have gotten their assignments apart from being great recruiters and CNS wanting to have a knockout recruiting year. A tremendous price was paid. But it appears that the coordinator positions have been addressed. Of course it was not all on them.

The great thing is that we will see.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

The only rationale I can come up with is the coaching turnover, especially in 2017 and 2018. We have 3 coaches (Golding, Scott and Banks) on staff from 2018 returning for 2019. We had 3 coaches (Lupoi, Key and Locksley) from 2017 to 2018 return. Between 2016 and 2017 the only turnover was Kiffin replaced by Daboll. We have replaced 13 assistant coaches for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. If this continues then we are going to continue to struggle in the big games. BTW, I feel the loss of Pruitt was more devastating than anticipated. I do think the new 2019 staff could be CNS's best yet.
Nailed it.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
I'm not sure why anybody listens to the sports pundits.

Everyone watches the same things they do on the field.

Personally, I've never needed anyone to tell me what I just saw.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.