Danielson at it again

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I actually thought Danielson gushed too much about Bama in first half. He seems impartial to me but admit I like the radio announcers. I certainly think Lsu was worthy of any accolades in that game last night. If they play with that much passion not many teams can hang with them.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I actually thought they were fine. I was surprised the honey badger wasn't mentioned. Yes, they make mistakes, but I just laugh it off.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Listen closely right as Yeldon crosses the goal line. There's a possible hidden reaction from someone, If that's Gary, I take everything back :)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hey they weren't too bad. They managed to reference Mark Ingram three times without mentioning his Dad.

I watched again today and thought it was fine. Who cares if we weren't playing in Death Stadium, Nick Saban labored there four years (five), Alfred Belue started the season as the starter, Danielson said it was a big win for LSU, they crossed the 50, said at 6:45 of the first qtr - LSU has dominated so far (both), said that last year Wing's punt bottled up LSU (why then is he still their punter?), said Ingram & Richardson were there in the last six years (four) or that tHey didn't even notice the flag on Copeland.

These were minor bits, funny, but most of us would do the same.

And btw - Danielson DID mention Tebow twice when referencing the last loss of LSU at home. Plus another time when he was listing the SEC teams that beat us by passing an average of 20 times a game.

I kinda like them, much better than Musberger though Herbie is ok. When two guys are universally disparaged by every team as favoring the opponent - that actually means they are VERY objective.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I know this will draw fire, but Tim Brando did a good job calling the UGA/Ole Miss game. I like him better doing that than hosting the CBS game show. Maybe he will takeover for Verne if he ever retires.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I know this will draw fire, but Tim Brando did a good job calling the UGA/Ole Miss game. I like him better doing that than hosting the CBS game show. Maybe he will takeover for Verne if he ever retires.
No he won't, because 100,00 Tide fans in BDS will trample each other pouring gasoline on the press box and lighting a match.

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
I am a fan of Brando as well. A lot of people dis-like him because he was always pushing his "Fly in the Ointment" to break up the BCS. That was more about him being anti-BCS than anti-Bama.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I am a fan of Brando as well. A lot of people dis-like him because he was always pushing his "Fly in the Ointment" to break up the BCS. That was more about him being anti-BCS than anti-Bama.
no its about him being a jerk. Brando sucks at life and everything else. CBS needs a cleansing of its College football "team". Not to mention they are all trolls that make me want to change the channel instead of look at those CHUDS talk about football.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Gary's job is being the color guy for CBS, not being a Bama cheerleader.

I have no problem with him telling it like it is.
As usual, John Wayne would agree with you.

Your opinion of "Telling it like it is" doesn't apply to Paul Finebaum?

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Did any of that confuse you and have you believing that Cody was traded mid-game? Or perhaps what you thought was a fake field goal was really a fake punt? I apologize for the sarcasm, but maybe he forgot who was getting the ball to start the half...so did my wife, I corrected her and moved on. It did not impact my enjoyment of the game on any level.

I don't rely on any commentator for my enjoyment of the game. Just some occasional analysis of key plays, which I think Gary does a very good job at.
It is not un reasonable to expect these well-paid Divas to get the basics right

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
As usual, John Wayne would agree with you.

Your opinion of "Telling it like it is" doesn't apply to Paul Finebaum?
I seldom have a problem with PF, can't stand some of his callers though. Finebaum is just a guy that came up with an idea of how to get rich and famous and it's working like gangbusters.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.