Catch-All Thread for all the other bowl announcements

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Compass Bowl in Birmingham looks to be Ole Miss vs. Pittsburgh.

Cotton is taking it's sweet time, but A&M people are now believing they will go there against Oklahoma, thus sending LSU to the Chick-fil-A Bowl against Clemson.
Clemson - LSU should be a good game...providing Clemson learned a lesson from last year's thrashing at the hands of WV....:biggrin:

A&M - OK would also be a good game.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
A five loss Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl and Northern Illinois in the Orange Bowl? Terrible.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Let NIU have their 15 minutes of fame... They went 12-1, and deserve to catcha break every once in a while. I have no problem with them getting a BCS Bowl, my problem is with a Big East team being guaranteed a spot. I would rather see NIU than Louisville

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
I feel sorry for Pitt's players having to go to Birmingham for the third year in a row. I don't want to think about how I would have felt if we had gone to Shreveport three years in a row :eek2:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
They don't want to play a rival so they will miss out on valuable practice time and perks for their players? Seems silly to me.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
They don't want to play a rival so they will miss out on valuable practice time and perks for their players? Seems silly to me.
You and Me both... ridiculous IMO.

Edited to add: Cecil Hurt: "What were the odds that Tino Sunseri would spend more of his college years in Birmingham than Vinnie Sunseri?"

Last edited:

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Louisiana Tech, nations #1 offense, 9-3 turns down a bowl bid in the Independence Bowl against ULM, so it seems like LTU won't be in a bowl.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Louisiana Tech, nations #1 offense, 9-3 turns down a bowl bid in the Independence Bowl against ULM, so it seems like LTU won't be in a bowl.
So the SEC got out of the former Weedwacker Bowl. If so, it was due to the SEC teams feeling like the last man picked in a grade school game and the jokes that were made about the team the went there. They must have had enough. I believe Coach Saban even quipped about the Bowl game a couple of years ago when making a point about not following the process or something :)

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
The Aggies deserve a better opponent than tu.
? I just read this: "Aggies vs. Oklahoma in Cotton Bowl on Jan. 4 -- 7 p.m. on a Friday night in Cowboys Stadium. Multiple sources (finally) confirm." on twitter through Cecil Hurt.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
? I just read this: "Aggies vs. Oklahoma in Cotton Bowl on Jan. 4 -- 7 p.m. on a Friday night in Cowboys Stadium. Multiple sources (finally) confirm." on twitter through Cecil Hurt.
The best games since the addition of the Big East and other little man rules have been the 2nd tier big conference game tie ins like the Cotton, Capital One and former Peach Bowl. Maybe two at the most of the big 4 is a good matchup, the rest are duds.

But to truly get to a playoff requires a few years of watering them down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.