Any reason for Georgia’s decommits?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
This month alone, the #1 receiver prospect(Haselwood) and the #1 RB prospect(Emery) decommited from Georgia. Both may actually end up signing with UGA, but just seems curious that both have changed their minds within 30days. Anyone hear of anything going on in Athens? From talk early in the summer, I heard from locals that Georgia prospects would be secret recruiters of other prospects for UGA. Now this. Maybe they are on secret assignment:cool2:;)

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I was trying to figure out why all of sudden decommits... but in my opinion, they probably are trying to make room for other players who might flips to Georgia...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I was trying to figure out why all of sudden decommits... but in my opinion, they probably are trying to make room for other players who might flips to Georgia...
They wouldn’t cut loose the #12 and #14 ranked players in the espn300, plus they still have lots of room in their class

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Reading the Georgia's boards, it sounds like all of this is related to Fromm/Field situation. I'm not 100 percent sure about this, but It does look like Kirby is not handling the QB situation well. Fromm is struggling and Fields is not being developed. Everytime he's in the game, he is not throwing the ball. If they lose the game this weekend, it's going to be real bad for the coaching staff.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Reading the Georgia's boards, it sounds like all of this is related to Fromm/Field situation. I'm not 100 percent sure about this, but It does look like Kirby is not handling the QB situation well. Fromm is struggling and Fields is not being developed. Everytime he's in the game, he is not throwing the ball. If they lose the game this weekend, it's going to be real bad for the coaching staff.
If Florida does not show more defensive discipline than they showed against Kentucky the Dawgs should blow their doors off with the running game. It will be interesting to see if the Gators can maintain gap integrity on the front seven. If so they do they can hang in! JMO.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Do you think one reason is that Kirby isn’t as willing to to play true freshman? I know they are playing some, but no starters that I know of. In contrast, there is Nick Saban, Bama had 5 true frosh on the field on the last play against Georgia.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Do you think one reason is that Kirby isn’t as willing to to play true freshman? I know they are playing some, but no starters that I know of. In contrast, there is Nick Saban, Bama had 5 true frosh on the field on the last play against Georgia.
They have about 20 true freshmen with playing time. A number of starters - their punter is a TF, as is at least one o-lineman, Tyson Campbell and Quay Walker.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
They have about 20 true freshmen with playing time. A number of starters - their punter is a TF, as is at least one o-lineman, Tyson Campbell and Quay Walker.
And yet they aren't happy because they were promised a lot and a lot of it isn't happening. They aren't happy being on special teams and sitting on the bench. No matter what Kirby does someone is about to be ....ed off and that team could split in half literally. Fromm and the good ol boy network including his Dad network or Fields who isn't happy because he(&his party) feel he's better than Fromm.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
And yet they aren't happy because they were promised a lot and a lot of it isn't happening. They aren't happy being on special teams and sitting on the bench. No matter what Kirby does someone is about to be ....ed off and that team could split in half literally. Fromm and the good ol boy network including his Dad network or Fields who isn't happy because he(&his party) feel he's better than Fromm.
This is the stuff that Saban manages because of his history winning and putting players in the NFL. Essentially, he can point to his history of success and ask players and parents to trust the process. Most get it, but even Saban loses some. Kirby simply doesn't have the history, so he is going to struggle here even more. I don't care for Kirby one way or the other, but he is no Saban.

If players want Saban to develop them, there is only one place to go to get him.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Well , to hear some of the local fans, half of the very talented freshman class should be starting right now, that was what was anticipated. These guys just don’t realize that not every HS PLAYER walks in at a big time program and starts, if they do, it usually means your season is off the rails! The Fields hype, especially in light of Trevor Lawrence, could be the dawgs undoing this season.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
When considering Kirby's coaching chops, this is one of the big questions. How he manages all those 4 and 5 stars when they get unhappy is his next big hurdle. It's one thing to get 'em, but another to figure out how to use them and keep them happy. That's probably one thing CNS didn't write on his board for Kirby to photo.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
What Jam said..... broken promises and Fields has a lot of people in his 'social' corner

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
This is the stuff that Saban manages because of his history winning and putting players in the NFL. Essentially, he can point to his history of success and ask players and parents to trust the process. Most get it, but even Saban loses some. Kirby simply doesn't have the history, so he is going to struggle here even more. I don't care for Kirby one way or the other, but he is no Saban.

If players want Saban to develop them, there is only one place to go to get him.
The biggest thing Saban does is not promise anything but an opportunity to compete

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The biggest thing Saban does is not promise anything but an opportunity to compete
Kids hear what they want to hear. Saban just does a better job actually making sure that they understand. I seriously doubt that Kirby is lying to these kids. He may be letting them hear what they want to hear, though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Kids hear what they want to hear. Saban just does a better job actually making sure that they understand. I seriously doubt that Kirby is lying to these kids. He may be letting them hear what they want to hear, though.
We're talking about the guy that took a picture of Alabama's recruiting board before he left town to show recruits a year later. He might not be outright lying, but I suspect he's not being as clear as he could be, either.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I do not know the relationship between Smart, Fields and Fromm, but all the ingredients are there for locker room dissent. Fromm had a good game against Florida and Fields took 3 snaps. You have this situation at UGA, you had it at Clemson, Alabama and probably Florida. It will be interesting to see how Mullen and Smart handle their TF QBs. This situation with Fields and Fromm maybe filtering down to their 2019 recruits. Guess we will have to wait and see.

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
For their recruiting to go off the charts this past recruiting season, seems something extra was indeed made in the way of promises. Kirby hasn't realized you can only have 11 on the field at the same time.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Kirby promised man. I know that for a fact especially Fields. Kirby is shady hence RTR91 saying about the pics , & Saban retiring. Kirby thought he was about to go on a Saban run with uga. He thought get them on campus and winning will fix it

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.