Game Thread: LSU vs. Texas

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
L8U is much improved but still needs some refinement to be a real challenger. They can get there. The Bama - L8U game should be good.
I wonder if CBS is regretting using their prime time game for UGA/ND instead of that one. Based on the last couple of years I can see why they moved off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
Unlike other years, LSU can pass besides run the ball. They have 3 very good WR's. We know they have a very good defense.

In the end, I trust Saban to out coach O with ease when the time comes.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Good win by my Tigers. I think Joe Burrow is the best QB we’ve had since Matt Flynn (2007). He is a great leader. Our receivers are legit, two of the top 3 guys are former 5 stars - Marshall and Chase - and Jefferson just makes plays. Jefferson is from my hometown, is a former 3 star, same HS as your new RB commit Kyle Edwards.

speaking of RBs, we need to get better there. We have talent in the wings. We signed the nations 2nd rated RB, Emery, a 5 star from my hometown (same HS as K Edwards) but The coaches don’t think he is ready yet. I’m hoping he gets brought along over the next several weeks. We will need him against top SEC competition.

Disappointed our D got gassed, but we couldn’t afford to slow the game down on offense to give them a breather. We needed the offense to win the game. I said it in another thread but 24 Stingley may end up being the best CB in our history. He is so good, that Texas resorted to “picking” on Fulton, our CB who is projected as a first rounder next year.

Happy with the win, but we have work to do.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Good win by my Tigers. I think Joe Burrow is the best QB we’ve had since Matt Flynn (2007). He is a great leader. Our receivers are legit, two of the top 3 guys are former 5 stars - Marshall and Chase - and Jefferson just makes plays. Jefferson is from my hometown, is a former 3 star, same HS as your new RB commit Kyle Edwards.

speaking of RBs, we need to get better there. We have talent in the wings. We signed the nations 2nd rated RB, Emery, a 5 star from my hometown (same HS as K Edwards) but The coaches don’t think he is ready yet. I’m hoping he gets brought along over the next several weeks. We will need him against top SEC competition.

Disappointed our D got gassed, but we couldn’t afford to slow the game down on offense to give them a breather. We needed the offense to win the game. I said it in another thread but 24 Stingley may end up being the best CB in our history. He is so good, that Texas resorted to “picking” on Fulton, our CB who is projected as a first rounder next year.

Happy with the win, but we have work to do.
Gene Chizik gave great insight to this on the SEC Network last night. He said to keep the defense fresh you have to find a happy median between tempo and preserving your defense for the second half. He said this was something they constantly struggled with when Gus was OC at Auburn. Chizik said (of LSU) that if they continue to run the offense as wide open as they did last night. THEY WILL give up a lot of points. But he thinks the staff will meet and begin trying to find that happy median of keeping the offense potent but slowing it down enough where it doesn't turn into basketball on grass. Which it turned into last night. Not to pour water on y'alls offensive fire. But the stubbornness of Texas to insist on playing man coverage with multiple true freshman corners greatly contributed to a lot of the big passing plays. Herby kept saying it over and over that he couldn't understand why they weren't giving the young corners help because they were getting beat off the line.

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I’m just still not sold on LSU. I think it’s probably likely that LSU comes to BDS undefeated, but I still think they have issues that only a team at or above their level can expose. Sure I think this maybe their best shot at us in awhile, but will Oeaux for once not play tight vs us because he fears our capabilities? I think LSU will probably be your Sugar Bowl or NY6 rep, but I don’t think their offense has been truly tested yet.
I think the SEC West will come down between BAMA and LSU. Joe Burrow looked great last night, even if against a Big 12 Defense. He is a tough player and his accuracy has improved. So has their offense. I am glad we play them at home this year.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think the SEC West will come down between BAMA and LSU. Joe Burrow looked great last night, even if against a Big 12 Defense. He is a tough player and his accuracy has improved. So has their offense. I am glad we play them at home this year.
Agreed. I still think we beat them by 10+ though.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I originally thought we would beat LSU pretty easy...
HOWEVER
Our rushing game sucks. Our RB are not running hard.
Our OL is not plowing the road for them to follow.
We need to be more than a one dimensional team to beat LSU.

If it comes down to 2nd QB. We are in trouble.
If there isn't much pressure Jones does great. BUT...
There will be pressure.
After our first couple of WR... Several times yesterday
our QBs bounced the ball off of the receivers chest.

I figure weve got a lot to fix this week before we play TAMU.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
If it comes down to 2nd QB? So you are planning for Tua to get hurt? Why worry about something that hasn’t happened. Tua’s are QB and he’ll play great against LSU. It will be a tough game but I think we pull away late and win by 10+.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
HOWEVER

There will be pressure.

we have got 3 more games and a bye week before TAMU. Maybe step back from the ledge for a second.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
TAMU will be an interesting game. After watching Mond's performance against Clemson I cannot figure out if Clemson's defense was that stout or Mind is vastly overrated. Our game with TAMU will likely give us the answer. Their DL stuffed Clemson's running game and, right now, Clemson's running game is better than ours.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
TAMU will be an interesting game. After watching Mond's performance against Clemson I cannot figure out if Clemson's was that stout or Mind is vastly overrated. Our game with TAMU will likely give us the answer. Their DL stuffed Clemson's running game and, right now, Clemson's running game is better than ours.
Mond is a horrible qb that has one or two good games a year that makes people believe he is a decent to good qb... unfortunately for the last 2 years that has been against us. The Barn totally made him look stupid the last 2 years, and is a big reason that despite the game being at College Station with Bo Nix at qb that I still would not pick aTm to win that game.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
This was a great game and really fun to watch. Some things I took from it were that Burrow looks like a really good QB, LSU will be a force this year in the SEC, and Texas isn't quite back yet, but they are pretty good.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
HOWEVER

There will be pressure.

Which game did Jones experience a lot of pressure in? He seems confident and poised to me. I think he'll handle pressure as well as Tua or any other QB.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
It's a strange year in college football. LSU has an offense and we have a kicker.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
HOWEVER

There will be pressure.

I'm not real sure what WR you're watching. I did see one drop yesterday. Maybe I missed another one, but this is the best WR corp in Bama history. I think it one of the best in college football history. The first four guys will be first round picks. Smith will need to stay for one more year to be more featured to get there, but it can happen pretty easily, and Metchie and Shavers have really bright futures as well. I'm also concerned about O-Line play, but our WR won't be the problem if Bama doesn't beat LSU. Also remember an offense not close to the quality of Bama's put 38 on LSU's defense. That is something to think about, and they dropped another sure touchdown.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.