Question: Who are your "Top 6" after Week 2?

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
I'm not sure what you are asking... i was respond to a post that said "Clemson still #1, but not sure how long it will last that Lawerence's WR's bail him out"...therefore my response! I think Clemson still #1 at this point and that they have the 2nd best WR group in the nation...

Your honor...relevance? That's a great write up on your thoughts about Clemson's WR group...Top 6?... or just waxing poetic?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It eats up the clock when your QB is 80% or better on completion percentages.... ;)
You know, if the OL can't really get "run blocking" down and they can improve their pass protection, we might just have to resort to using Tua's short, precise passing game as our running game. Just nickel and dime teams to death with short completions and let the clock run that way. Like you said, if he can complete 70-80% of those types of throws (and with his accuracy he can) it may be the "style" we have to embody this year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I am starting to think that the WR's bailing out Lawerence is the norm not luck...they have done it for 17 games now...13 of them being starts for TLaw. I do think overall we have the best WR group in the nation but their receivers are not better than ours...there's are DIFFERENT! They are physical monsters...all 6'4" or 6'5"...huge, strong, great leapers, long arms and fast (not elite speed) and so strong...i do have some inside intel with clemson because of 30 year relationships in college football and i've been told this is just what they do and it has and i think will continue to work...
I think you make a solid point about Clemson's rangy receivers. Lawrence doesn't have to be perfect when many of his receivers have a superior catch radius.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
You know, if the OL can't really get "run blocking" down and they can improve their pass protection, we might just have to resort to using Tua's short, precise passing game as our running game. Just nickel and dime teams to death with short completions and let the clock run that way. Like you said, if he can complete 70-80% of those types of throws (and with his accuracy he can) it may be the "style" we have to embody this year.
That would get us to the SECCG and maybe into the playoffs. As long as Tua stays healthy...

But I really think we'll see a difference in our run game once Deonte Brown returns to the lineup.

Deonte Brown = Chris Samuels

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This ^^^^ I was wondering if someone was going to mention Wisconsin. They are the real deal.
Wisconsin and Ohio St are basically in the same boat of blowing nobodies out like they should but 110-0 is more impressive.

How they do the rest of the way? Idk, but I got them beating Michigan next week.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Wisconsin and Ohio St are basically in the same boat of blowing nobodies out like they should but 110-0 is more impressive.

How they do the rest of the way? Idk, but I got them beating Michigan next week.
I watched the Wisconsin/South Florida game and thought "wow, Wisconsin might be pretty good", and I think they are. However, South Florida is exceptionally bad this year, particularly on offense.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I always forget about Wisconsin because they're the type of team I can't ever seeing beat a Nick Saban coached Alabama team.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The top 6 teams should be pretty unanimous (you can argue over order) and they're probably the 6 teams with a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Alabama
Clemson
LSU
Georgia
Oklahoma
Ohio State

Folks, there may be a realistic shot at 3 SEC teams in the playoffs...

Edit: I guess I forgot about Notre Dame but if/when they lose to Georgia in a few weeks it'll be over for them.
Don't see how this will work out. Assuming UGA goes undefeated, the winner of the Alabama/LSU game could also be undefeated. So you have two undefeated teams in the SECC game. I see the winner and loser having a path to the Playoffs, but the loser of the Alabama vs LSU is probably out. This assumes OU and/or tOSU are undefeated or are conference champions will one loss.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.