The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Trump answering questions on the WH lawn as to why he cancelled his state visit to Denmark. Well, the Prime Minister said my comments about buying Greenland were "absurd". That was a very nasty comment on her part. If she had just said, no or no thanks, then I would not have cancelled the visit. She is a very nasty person. Makes perfect sense to me.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
In reference to the Antichrist......I mean........

Daniel 11
21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.

23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
While answering questions on the whitehouse lawn today Trump glanced up at the sky and said "I am the chosen one". :rolleye2:
I'm starting to wonder if he thinks he's the second coming of Jesus.

Seriously.

I saw this tweet and thought it was on point.
Eugene Gu, MD
✔
@eugenegu
We learn in med school that if someone comes to the emergency room calling themselves the King of Israel and the second coming of God, that patient is either high on drugs or is having a psychotic break and needs to be promptly evaluated with a tox screen and psychiatric consult.

[In reference to Trump's tweet this morning in which he quotes an evangelical referring to him (Trump) as the King of Israel and the second coming of God, among other lofty phrases.]

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
24 Hours of Donald Trump
Over the last 24 hours Donald Trump has:

-Accused Jews who support Democrats of being disloyal.
-Explained that Kashmir is a difficult problem because “You have Hindus and you have the Muslims and I wouldn’t say they get along so great.”
-Canceled a state visit to Denmark because they declined to discuss the sale of Greenland.
-Thanked a nutcase conspiracy theorist who said that Israeli Jews “love him like he is the second coming of God.”
-Told reporters “I am the chosen one” to take on China.
-Said the prime minister of Denmark was “nasty” about his proposal to buy Greenland and he’s not going to let her talk to him that way.
-Confirmed his disloyalty remark: “If you vote for a Democrat, you’re being disloyal to the Jewish people and you’re being very disloyal to Israel.”

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
We've all heard the tale about the frog that was in a bucket of water that was gradually heated up. The frog doesn't recognize the danger and is boiled alive.

I feel like a frog who realizes he's being boiled alive, but can't climb over all the other blissful frogs to get out of the water.

I think of Trump's madness as a bucket of water being heated up, my concern is what will happen when it boils over.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Are we sure this isn't some giant practical joke? Are we all on the greatest/worst episode of Punk'd ever? Where is Ashton Kutcher?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Gunsights now set on birthright citizenship. It could even affect his own...
i also saw that they are trying to officially ignore the flores settlement and detain folks indefinitely. as a deterrent. these people are evil. it gets harder every day to understand how decent people can continue to support this garbage.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
He has really livened up politics. IT used to be the news would have to run the same story for days because nothing interesting would happen often enough. Now the news companies can run like 10 interesting stories in a day and the next day they have 10 BRAND NEW interesting stories to run. Trump has made the news interesting again.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i also saw that they are trying to officially ignore the flores settlement and detain folks indefinitely. as a deterrent. these people are evil. it gets harder every day to understand how decent people can continue to support this garbage.
It went way past harder last summer, I don't know what it is now. I can only assume now that people I once thought decent are just great liars

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Trump jokingly said he wanted to award himself the Medal of Honor. Just imagining the reaction from Trumpies if Obama had said this.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/21/donald-trump-give-himself-medal-of-honor-1470950

Taken by itself, this isn’t that big a deal. But add it to everything else he has said just in the last 48 hours and it is clear he is the most narcissistic person to hold a position that lends itself to narcissists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It went way past harder last summer, I don't know what it is now. I can only assume now that people I once thought decent are just great liars
c'mon now, there are totally legitimate reasons for a u.s. president to say that jews are being disloyal and those are the reasons they support him. you're just going to make these people vote for trump again out of spite if you're not careful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.