Link: Texas A&M tells Johnny Manziel to grow up.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wish I had someone to tell me to "grow up" when I was his age. Would have saved me a lot of grief!
And would you have listened? :) I already had family responsibilities at that age. I wish I had had a longer time before I had to grow up, but that wasn't my lot...

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
Manziel will be fine. Not sure he will have as much success again, but I think people are making a lot more of this than needs to be made.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
If I'm Manziel or his parents.. I would be very upset at the AD for releasing this story. Keep it in house and not tell the world. Sounds like A&M has more than a vested interest in keeping him out of jail.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If I'm Manziel or his parents.. I would be very upset at the AD for releasing this story. Keep it in house and not tell the world. Sounds like A&M has more than a vested interest in keeping him out of jail.
I was also curious as to why this was made public. One logical conclusion was that to do it publicly was the only way they thought they could get his attention, and that's not good...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Maybe aTm thinks the parents are part of the problem................

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Technically no longer a teenager, but the most recent studies show that the brain doesn't really mature until around 25, not that we all didn't know that... :)
Or as Michael Irvin said, in a radio interview, a year or two ago:

"Some of us it takes until you are 45."

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I may not agree with every action JM does, but I dang sure am not going to call the guy a "moron" or "dumb". Climb down off your holier than thou mountain. The guy is a teenager and is going to make mistakes. From all accounts he has great parents that will help him grow and mature into a great man. It is all part of the maturation process. Teenagers are not finished products, they are still learning and growing into who they will become. I for one have not gave up on JM or any other teenager who makes a mistake or two...
who are you and why did you throw rasputin off that subway train?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.