How Are Ruggs and Najee?

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Doubt Najee and Jalen will play this weekend.
Hopefully we can get it done with Jacobs, Robinson, and Harris. Robinson gets better by the game. Has great field awareness. Physical. Harris gets more physical during the big games. Glad he came back. Think about how lucky we are he came back with a guarantee of Pro money. Wow.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Hopefully we can get it done with Jacobs, Robinson, and Harris. Robinson gets better by the game. Has great field awareness. Physical. Harris gets more physical during the big games. Glad he came back. Think about how lucky we are he came back with a guarantee of Pro money. Wow.
Robinson is a really good back. Would be nice to see him play behind the #1 group of OL without having to face 9 men in the box anticipating run plays.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
al.com says ruggs / Smith doing everything... NH was practicing but not doing every single drill. Jalen was throwing but not running.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
No need to play any of the injured, we got enough depth to get to the SECCG while they heal up. As long as Tua is good we are good. We have rb's so we are good on that point.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yep...I got an elbow to the mouth and had to pull my bottom lip off my teeth. Coach looked at it and said...."Aaaahhhh. Get on up to the gym and wash it out. You tough.Oughta be ok"
Been there too. I didn't talk back to him but today I would mimic my favorite Clint Eastwood line and growl through the blood and say..."Toughs got nuthin' to do with it." I also got an ankle sprain once when I was 26, and it has bothered me ever since. Mostly when coming down stairwells. Feel a snap ping in there. Ankle sprains need attention THEN healing time. We need Najee and Jalen...but I want these guys to be pain free in their daily lives. They get the best in care though so that will happen.
I`m not sure Dr. Andrews would agree but I`ve always felt that there are certain parts of the body, once injured, are never fully the same. Backs, ankles, knees, elbows, etc. In other words, the things you injure if you play anything more strenuous than being on the debate team. Almost like a " right of passage " for all us ageing ex-jocks!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I`m not sure Dr. Andrews would agree but I`ve always felt that there are certain parts of the body, once injured, are never fully the same. Backs, ankles, knees, elbows, etc. In other words, the things you injure if you play anything more strenuous than being on the debate team. Almost like a " right of passage " for all us ageing ex-jocks!
Amen brother! I actively played sports (basketball, football, baseball, softball, soccer and flag football) both recreational and organized from the time I was 6 until I was in my early 30's. Now at 43 there's a hitch in my giddy up and even my giddy up has left. I've got a lot of aches and pains that I have no doubt are from my years of playing sports. No matter how great of shape you were in at the time you played. The wear and tear comes to collect at some point.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think genetics plays a part...Ironically, the only bad injury I ever had was that ankle. Doc told me it would've been better if I broke the bone. But, it doesn't hurt much at all today.

Instead, my hip and knee joints are the ones that give me the most regular pain. The sport I play now is golf. Golf hurts my hip some and I occasionally have some back pain. But, I think my joints are just genetically weak. My dad and his mother had the same problems and they weren't athletes.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Today’s practice report said Jerry Jeudy wasn’t at practice during media viewing period but Ruggs and Najee were practicing. Any word about Jeudy?? Is he injured?

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Never met Dr Andrews but I know he is a champ. But I agree with you there. That ankle sprain from when I was 26 appeared one night in Church league Softball. Hit a single and got to first. While I was standing on that bag..I shifted weight to my right foot and that ankle flipped upside down so I sprawled out and had to have a pinch runner. Guys in the dugout said they could see PONY print on the bottom of my cleats. That ankle is still problematic but I have learned to be careful. I am hoping that Najee and Henry are ok. Also Jalen. We need those guys but they need their ankles.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Speaking of Jeudy..I cannot remember a WR with moves like that ever at Bama. We have had some great ones, but I just cannot in all my days of Bama watching seen a guy who can trainwreck a Defense as he can. Ridley has moves that are very similar but Jeudy just looks like he is making fun of people out there. He is so fun to watch.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Amen brother! I actively played sports (basketball, football, baseball, softball, soccer and flag football) both recreational and organized from the time I was 6 until I was in my early 30's. Now at 43 there's a hitch in my giddy up and even my giddy up has left. I've got a lot of aches and pains that I have no doubt are from my years of playing sports. No matter how great of shape you were in at the time you played. The wear and tear comes to collect at some point.
Used to lift weights a lot with bad technique I guess. Plus threw football too hard. Cost me a rotator surgery that has only healed about 90%. Toughest thing I have pushed through. Awful. Take care of your joints guys.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Pretty much the same story here. Except I am nearly 72. I pay daily for my past. As you age, don't expect it to get better. My orthopedic Surgeon summed it up that my body was wore out.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Four shoulder surgeries later (unsuccessful) I realize playing tackle football without equipment probably wasn’t the greatest idea.
I live with that painful reminder every night when I sleep on either side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.