20 Years of TideFans.com

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I love this site. I am very thankful for all of the hard work the mods have put in to make tidefans the way it is. This is the only site I ever visit unless someone posts a link to another site.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I know exactly why I didn't join in 2005. Back then you couldn't register with a yahoo or hotmail account (may still be this way, not sure). So in 2007 when I had access to a company email address I signed up.
No, we no longer have that rule. When the Hotmail and Yahoo addresses were in their heyday, the vast majority of problem members we had used them. Conversely, most people who used them intended to cause problems. Also, everyone had an ISP, which is what we required. Now, the Gmail, etc. addresses are pretty much universal. I have a couple of Gmail addresses myself. Therefore, we dropped that requirement...

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I spend way too much time on this site but I guess it's like drugs (I don't do drugs), it's an addiction. I love the folks on here and always love getting Tide news and reading the opinions. If you love Tide football then you can't do without this site. Thanks for all the hardwork and dedication to make this site so great. Here's hoping for at least another 20 years and more.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It's been good to watch the site become more refined with all kinds of features and the like. It was great when it was started, but it's been polished up to a new and improved version that makes coming here fun.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Also, everyone had an ISP, which is what we required. Now, the Gmail, etc. addresses are pretty much universal. I have a couple of Gmail addresses myself. Therefore, we dropped that requirement...
It would eventually have to change, as those of us who had Verizon watched their Verizon accounts sent to AOL.

(The old address still works, but have you tried to log onto AOL, in the last decade?)

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Pretty sure I was lurking here when the search for the replacement to Dubose was happening. I don't remember when I finally signed up and started posting (I am sure that info is something in my control panel if I go look). Anyway, the site has always been fun and informative (and frustrating at times). Thanks to all who make it possible!

tmv85

All-SEC
I joined Dec. 1, 2000, and while I don’t post all that regularly, I read almost daily. Like so many others have said, TideFans is my go-to for Bama news. I love this site, and I am so appreciative of the hard work all the folks behind the scenes do to keep this the best place on the Internet!

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I will tell a story on you from the early days ... on or about the third time resetting my password because I was too stupid to keep up with the napkin I wrote it on, you gave me a password I remember to this day although it was a different account, before the meltdown. LDEZ86 - still makes me laugh and I never forgot it again! :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It would eventually have to change, as those of us who had Verizon watched their Verizon accounts sent to AOL.

(The old address still works, but have you tried to log onto AOL, in the last decade?)
My job involves a lot of email and I still run across someone still using it occasionally...

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Happy Birthday to Brett's child... TideFans.

I started lurking on TideFans in, I think, 2002 or 2003, then pulled the trigger and joined in 2004 while posted in Korea. Found out about this site from Lady in Red's site.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Congratulations on 20 big years of TideFans. I'm looking forward to my 10 year anniversary in September. This is, without a doubt, the best run site I have ever seen, with the best members on it. This is the best place for accurate, up to date info on all things BAMA.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I'm to the point that if Tidefans were to suddenly go away for some reason, I'd be checking into heartbreak hotel for the rest of the way.

Many thanks Brett for this wonderful gift you've given to so many who love the Tide with an unfeigned passion. RTR!

Bama63

1st Team
Oct 25, 2000
Louisville, KY, Jefferson
Grateful to have had this site to turn to for--I don't remember how many years, but it was during the Mike Dubose years, so it must have been close to 20. Never anything but the best Alabama site on the Internet. I don't ever have much to say, but I read what's new on the site daily.

RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.