Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Phillip Marshall's 3 VIP nuggets from this morning were the topic of discussion on Montgomery sports radio today.

Apparently, all sports programs have been told to cut their budget by 10%.
LOL Just more disinformation. And Leath resigned just like Tuberville did. All Leath had to do was threaten to advise SACs that the BOT and TUF had gotten involved in the details of running the school again (over riding his denial of the new football facility would qualify) and he collects his entire contract.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
LOL Just more disinformation. And Leath resigned just like Tuberville did. All Leath had to do was threaten to advise SACs that the BOT and TUF had gotten involved in the details of running the school again (over riding his denial of the new football facility would qualify) and he collects his entire contract.
Yep! Standard M.O. down there.

They ALWAYS have someone on payroll that no longer works there... :cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
And always with a NDA attached to their contract.
Yeah, and the lawyers make it strongly clear what they will do if it is deemed as violated... :cool2:

Shadiest program in the conference...and I dare say the entire country.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
https://www.oanow.com/news/auburn/a...cle_96e8307a-a58b-11e9-97ef-6b18e2eac9bd.html

Quote - Auburn University is paying departed school president Steven Leath $4.5 million over three years, nearly tripling what he would be paid over the next three years if he worked through his contract

Quote - The terms also forbid Leath from disparaging the university or disclosing information the university considers confidential.

Quote - Auburn awarded him $1.5 million in separation money by July 1 according to the separation agreement document, and will pay him the same amount on July 1, 2020, and on July 1, 2021, to total $4.5 million, a year before his original contract was set to complete on July 15, 2022.

Quote - In June 2017, Leath signed a five-year contract with Auburn offering him $625,000 per year in salary.

SSDD.

All who still believe they are broke, stand on your head.
All who believe TUF was not involved in paying the President to leave, stand on your head.
Who runs TUF?
https://247sports.com/college/aubur...igers-Unlimited-Board-of-Directors-121372632/
That list looks an awful lot like the University Trustees list from 2010.
I wonder if they'll be able to get Eric Holder to run cover for them this time.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
https://www.oanow.com/news/auburn/a...cle_96e8307a-a58b-11e9-97ef-6b18e2eac9bd.html

Quote - Auburn University is paying departed school president Steven Leath $4.5 million over three years, nearly tripling what he would be paid over the next three years if he worked through his contract

Quote - The terms also forbid Leath from disparaging the university or disclosing information the university considers confidential.

Quote - Auburn awarded him $1.5 million in separation money by July 1 according to the separation agreement document, and will pay him the same amount on July 1, 2020, and on July 1, 2021, to total $4.5 million, a year before his original contract was set to complete on July 15, 2022.

Quote - In June 2017, Leath signed a five-year contract with Auburn offering him $625,000 per year in salary.

SSDD.

All who still believe they are broke, stand on your head.
All who believe TUF was not involved in paying the President to leave, stand on your head.
Who runs TUF?
https://247sports.com/college/aubur...igers-Unlimited-Board-of-Directors-121372632/
That list looks an awful lot like the University Trustees list from 2010.
I wonder if they'll be able to get Eric Holder to run cover for them this time.
Seems like they wanted him gone for contractually "no good reason" so he milked them. Unfortunately you can't just write "not ticking off the monied athletics boosters" into a contract.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Seems like they wanted him gone for contractually "no good reason" so he milked them. Unfortunately you can't just write "not ticking off the monied athletics boosters" into a contract.
If that is the case and they are just ticked off, why not just pay him the $1.875 million left on his contract and tell him his services are no longer needed-----? Why pay him an extra $2.6 million?

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
If that is the case and they are just ticked off, why not just pay him the $1.875 million left on his contract and tell him his services are no longer needed-----? Why pay him an extra $2.6 million?
That might be due to the classic term "Someone learned where the bodies are buried........." more than anything.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Very simply, he knows. Killing him wasn't an option, so they had to pay.

Seriously, I know shady stuff goes on everywhere to some extent. But it just seems like it is so obvious down there. I fully admit I'm biased, however.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Translation:

Don't change the status quo. Ask Jimmy, Bobby and Pat before you do anything. Do what Jimmy, Bobby and Pat tell you to do. Or....

Take your danged old $4.5 million and go away with your pointy-headed rich mouth shut.
You can bet that sum is tied in with a non-disclosure document that is as iron-tight as they come... :cool2:

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I ask this question, to that money-driven part of each and every one of us:

What is your price to “shut your mouth?”
...and on the flip-side, what are you willing to pay someone to “shut their mouth.”

Here...we get a glimpse into where the cross-section of those two figures seems to be...at least between these two entities.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I don’t like Auburn, but their current offensive lineman named Brodarius Hamm has a tremendous football name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.