Do We have our man?

Crimson-Blitz

All-American
Jul 19, 2001
Hsv, AL, U.S.A.
I don't know who our new coach is, but the deal is done.

The timing of Shula's firing (almost midnight on a Sunday) would indicate that negotiations have been ongoing and were concluded Sunday afternoon or evening.

I can't wait to find out who it is.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Re: We have our man!

I do not believe we have hired a coach. Most on the list have been reluctant to talk with Alabama because we still had a coach. Call it professional courtesy or what have you. This first step is exactly that, the first step. I think now things will move a bit faster and someone may be named at least as a leader.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
I don't know who our new coach is, but the deal is done.

The timing of Shula's firing (almost midnight on a Sunday) would indicate that negotiations have been ongoing and were concluded Sunday afternoon or evening.

I can't wait to find out who it is.
wow, you have that much faith in our admin? has your nickname been stevie wonder the past 9-10 yrs. ;)

i think they just wanted to exercise a little damage control with the players. they wanted to make sure all were back from the holidays.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I couldn't reply on Jess's thread, it appears to be designed for reply's by mod's only so I'll post thoughts here.

Several of the coaches listed don't use fullbacks and it was mentioned that our fullbacks would become situational players only. CMS hadn't signed a fullback and our likely fullbacfk next year is a converted OL. Kinda makes you wonder what the plans were for the future of the FB anyway. The top two "B" listers would be wonderful. Grobe or Johnson need to be snapped up before NC State grabs one of them.

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I couldn't reply on Jess's thread, it appears to be designed for reply's by mod's only so I'll post thoughts here.

Several of the coaches listed don't use fullbacks and it was mentioned that our fullbacks would become situational players only. CMS hadn't signed a fullback and our likely fullbacfk next year is a converted OL. Kinda makes you wonder what the plans were for the future of the FB anyway. The top two "B" listers would be wonderful. Grobe or Johnson need to be snapped up before NC State grabs one of them.
We're going to have to go through the typical song and dance for a little bit though. Today they'll announce the decision to fire Shula and will say that they are starting a search for a new coach. We'll bring in 2-3 candidates (at least one minority IMHO) and then announce a new hire next week.

One interesting thing - I did hear that Shula's agent is the same as Petrino's. Now that we have fired Shula we can start negotiating with him.

But my personal pick would be Grobe - we need a bit of a disciplinarian on the team right now from all accounts.

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
N323P (Paul Bryant Jr's jet) has a flight plan filed for Austin, TX in about an hour.

Didn't Texas hire Auburn's DC a couple of years ago? Didn't that guy win a couple of assistant coaching awards?

Hmmmm

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.